ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Launch Maximized with Alias

(1/2) > >>

SoldOnParadise:
I tried searching but couldn't find an answer to my question. Is it possible to launch a program from an alias and have the window be maximized?
Thank you!

mouser:
Yes.
Look for the "Alias Listing/Launching Tricks" in help file under "Advanced Use" and you'll see:

Customize the Appearance:
You can customize the text that gets displayed with each entry by prefacing custom text with |
For example:
Play Solitaire | c:\program files\games\solit.exe

File Window Options:
You can customize the way programs are launching by adding one of a few optional window modifiers to the very end of your file specification:
/winmax
/winmin
/winhid
/closeafter (force farr window to close after launching even if not set to by deafult)
/stayopen (dont close farr window after launching)
/icon=localfilename_from_aliasdir.ico (icon file must be in same dir as the source xml file defining the alias)
/hideifnoexist (hide the result if the file specified does not exist)
/runasadmin (run the file as admin)
/winvermin=M.m (major and minor minimum windows versions required to include alias result)
/winvermax=M.m (major and minor minimum windows versions required to include alias result)
/hint="text here" (shows hint on statusbar when item is selected, instead of showing launch command)

For example:
Play Solitaire | c:\program files\games\solit.exe /WINMAX

mouser:
NOTE: the help file says /winmax but then the example shows /WINMAX
one of these may work and the other not.. let me know and i'll fix help file.

SoldOnParadise:
Wow, thank you so much! :Thmbsup:

SoldOnParadise:
NOTE: the help file says /winmax but then the example shows /WINMAX
one of these may work and the other not.. let me know and i'll fix help file.
-mouser (May 12, 2013, 05:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

They both work! /winmax /WINMAX

Thanks again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version