ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Microsoft keyboard sticking keys

<< < (3/9) > >>

bit:

bit:

jf3000:
Gday bit, Where abouts are you in the world, I can send you a keyboard basic for free from my business. Just shoot me an address leave the rest to me.

pilgrim:
I was going to wash my old PB keyboard last weekend, until I took it apart.

The base is held on by 7 screws and when I removed that I was faced with a metal plate about 1/8" thick that covers everything to within 1/2" of the outer edge (which explains why it is so heavy), that is held in by 23 screws, at which point I put it back together.

I'm trying to think of a way to hold it upside down or at a sharp enough angle so that if I wash the keys using a wet brush any water will not get right inside.
(I should never have sacked the housekeeper.)  :D

Tinman57:
I was going to wash my old PB keyboard last weekend, until I took it apart.

The base is held on by 7 screws and when I removed that I was faced with a metal plate about 1/8" thick that covers everything to within 1/2" of the outer edge (which explains why it is so heavy), that is held in by 23 screws, at which point I put it back together.

I'm trying to think of a way to hold it upside down or at a sharp enough angle so that if I wash the keys using a wet brush any water will not get right inside.
(I should never have sacked the housekeeper.)  :D  -pilgrim (May 24, 2013, 03:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't let those 23 screws scare you, they unscrew just like the other 7 did.   :P  My old HP keyboard was a heavy one too, with the metal back-panel like you described.  The reason for so many screws is to make even pressure around the rubber key mat.  As long as you don't over-torque them when re-installing you should be OK.  Also, tighten the middle screws first and work your way outward to prevent buckling of the metal plate and/or key mat.  If you buckle it, some keys will refuse to work because they can't make contact with the circuit board.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version