ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Collaborative online outliner recommendation?

<< < (2/2)

tomos:
FWIW
google docs do have this option:

"In your Drive, click the gear icon in the top right and select Document settings."
Update indicators:   [ ]  Bold any updated itemsI'm not sure if that works for others who have been invited to the party - or just for the author.

DerekHal:
Another option is Workflowy. You'll have to choose the Pro version to get private sharing.

Share and Collaborate: Click "Share" in the item controls to share or collaborate over a sublist with others.
--- End quote ---

IainB:
...I'm not sure if that works for others who have been invited to the party - or just for the author.
-tomos (May 07, 2013, 10:00 AM)
--- End quote ---
You could set up a doc and invite some guinea-pigs to view/edit it and see.

dspelley:
There's a recent article in MIT Technology Review about some new outliner and writing applications (Fargo, Editorially, Quip, etc.) . They seem to be pretty much totally browser/cloud based. Being an old-school guy (got my first PC in 1980), I'm not sure how I feel about not having my data and applications on my own PC. Nevertheless, the article suggests that there is a lot of development ongoing for these types of applications.

dr_andus:
Collaboration is also possible in Gingko app, though I don't think it highlights the changes made by others (yet). It's probably not for basic users, as it uses Markdown, and the interface is non-traditional (though in a good way). You get 3 trees (documents) for free (or unlimited, if you make them public).

I wrote a review of it recently, and here is another one from The Chronicle of Higher Education.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version