ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SSC 4.30_Few UI questions

<< < (3/3)

cathie28:
dvally, thanks for the helpful reply.

No, if all apps / UIs gave me the same issue of tiny font size or clarity, wouldn't be asking just for SSC changes.  May have mentioned it - almost no apps I use (quite a lot) still have this problem - w/ MY Vista settings.  I've tried every thing I could dig up in significant research.  Except, make Vista font size HUGE, which would make text run off of many app UIs.  Tried that - doesn't work. Nor make my new HQ, 1920 x 1080 monitor into a low res one.   Course, I don't use every app made.  I'm sure many others would have same issue.

I'm not a coder, so can't go into specifics of why some app do / don't respond WELL to me changing Vista settings, or why don't do something in Vista that they will in another OS.
My only point is, vast majority of apps (freeware or commercial) don't have much issue for me being able to read their UIs.  Many offer option to change font size / style.  Just an observation.  No hatin'.

But, w/ Vista changes I've made, font selection & all "typical" suggestions, I can count on 1 hand the apps (I use), still having very small and / or "not so clear" display.  EVEN w/ SSC, it's only * select * UIs or SOME text on a page / the main UI - not all of it.

For the few apps STILL w/ limited  "poor / small text" may be where:

- have very limited data on a page - not a closely spaced - making easier to read, even if not the best / biggest font.
or
- pages rarely looked at, or only very briefly.  Not main GUIs where spend a lot of time, nor prefs pages w/ lots & lots of data, tightly spaced.

I recently RE visited issue of making fonts clearer, even larger, in Vista.  Made 1 or 2 changes not already used - made a bit of diff in some apps, some Windows screens, etc.  May even helped a bit in SSC - not too much.

Not judging here.  It's up to any dev what they want to tackle.  I just report what I see.  "That don't make me a hater."  A couple of devs agreed that fonts on certain UIs was a bit small / not clear & changed some, but maybe it was a lot easier for them than for SSC.  Some users on some forums seem to act as though, if others makes change requests or give examples how others do something, that they "should just move along - use something else." 

In some of SAME forums / bug reports / feature requests, they're FILLED w/ (sometimes) TINIEST, super personalized change requests.  I think that's termed, "pot calling the kettle black." 

Some users (some places) go off, make rude comments, because someone wants to be able to read a UI or other very basic requests.  Don't get it.  I'm gonna stop voting in elections - that's asking for things to change.  :D

dvally:
Apparently it wasn't  ;D

dvally, thanks for the helpful reply.

Not judging here.  It's up to any dev what they want to tackle.  I just report what I see.  "That don't make me a hater." 

Some users (some places) go off, make rude comments, because someone wants to be able to read a UI or other very basic requests.  Don't get it.  I'm gonna stop voting in elections - that's asking for things to change.  :D
-cathie28 (September 03, 2013, 01:40 PM)
--- End quote ---

On your second point quoted above, wouldn't think of you as a "hater". I didn't see anything in your post to make me think that.

On the last point quoted - that sounds suspiciously like a campaign slogan... :P

dvally

mouser:
By the way the latest beta i just uploaded also has a substantial improvement in the Caption tool, in that it will let you EDIT the current caption text and then REPLACE any existing caption with the new one.  That will save you from having to manually delete the memo object and then crop your image.  You can also simply remove an existing caption from the Object menu now.

mouser:
Let's have further SC discussion of rulers on this thread.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version