ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Advice needed on AHK script

<< < (7/8) > >>

pilgrim:
I tried the latest version of Terminator using the script you posted above and putting the EXE in the same folder.
Once again I'm afraid the results were inconsistent, the very first time it shut down everything, after that it left anything from 1 to 3 programs running.
I made the alterations before I did anything else so the first time it was run was the first time it was connected to the internet after being turned on today.

NAI closed nearly every time, D4 closed the majority of times, either one or both of the other two were always left running.

The only remaining possibility I can think of is a clash with something else I have running.

I have taken the first part of your script and modified my batch file so it no longer creates a flag file.

4wd:
Try terminator.exe /k instead.

pilgrim:
Try terminator.exe /k instead.-4wd (May 17, 2013, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

12 attempts, worked every time. :Thmbsup: :D

Question 1) Is it possible to hide the cursor from showing over the icons?
Question 2) Is it possible to create Terminator2 that leaves out NAI (not needed on XP)?
Question 3) When you've answered question 1 any chance of a copy of the code so that I can see if I can translate it into AHK?
Question 4) I can edit the 2 AHK programs I put together with Resource Hacker, that doesn't work with Terminator (with the exception of the icons), would that be true of all AutoIt programs?

4wd:
Try terminator.exe /k instead.-4wd (May 17, 2013, 06:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

12 attempts, worked every time. :Thmbsup: :D-pilgrim (May 17, 2013, 10:29 AM)
--- End quote ---

There must be some strange timing issues on your computer, (which don't seem to appear on any of mine), for /m not to work with D4 and NAI occasionally.

Question 1) Is it possible to hide the cursor from showing over the icons?
--- End quote ---

The cursor is moved over the icon so Windows can remove it, then it gets put back in it's original position, (at least I think I put that part in = I'll check when I wake up).

EDIT: Yep, it's in there - the mouse moves back to wherever it started before the program was invoked.

Are you saying that the mouse stays over the tray icon position after it's already killed the program?

If so, this might be the cause of the inconsistent results with CleanTray/Terminator - something eating mouse movements or the system being abnormally slow to respond, (although I can't think of much that's slower than my Win8Pro Atom N270 netbook with a 4200RPM HDD  :-\ ).

Question 2) Is it possible to create Terminator2 that leaves out NAI (not needed on XP)?
--- End quote ---

Um, can't you just not have that line in your batch file?

Question 3) When you've answered question 1 any chance of a copy of the code so that I can see if I can translate it into AHK?
--- End quote ---

Can't wait to see that :D  When I've cleaned up the code a bit.

Question 4) I can edit the 2 AHK programs I put together with Resource Hacker, that doesn't work with Terminator (with the exception of the icons), would that be true of all AutoIt programs?
--- End quote ---

I have no idea, Terminator was compiled as a CLI program, wasn't designed to be run from the Windows interface.

There's an update to CleanTray and Terminator so try:

CleanTray.exe /pilgrim

and

Terminator.exe /m d4.exe
Terminator.exe /m networkindicator.exe

or

Terminator.exe /b <process>

pilgrim:
There must be some strange timing issues on your computer, (which don't seem to appear on any of mine), for /m not to work with D4 and NAI occasionally.-4wd (May 17, 2013, 11:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

I actually tried setting them all to /m before I tried /k but only the /k worked properly.

Are you saying that the mouse stays over the tray icon position after it's already killed the program?
--- End quote ---

No, it was purely cosmetic so that you do not actually see the icon moving.

or the system being abnormally slow to respond
--- End quote ---

I did wonder if this was an issue on the NC10 because even running Refresh Tray it takes a time to clear everything.

Um, can't you just not have that line in your batch file?
--- End quote ---

Sorry, I was thinking that was set in the program not the batch file. (Ignore.)

Can't wait to see that :D  When I've cleaned up the code a bit.
--- End quote ---

Thanks, don't hold your breath.

I have no idea, Terminator was compiled as a CLI program, wasn't designed to be run from the Windows interface.
--- End quote ---

(Sound of penny dropping.) Thanks.

I'll get back to you on the updates.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version