ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Advice needed on AHK script

<< < (5/8) > >>

4wd:
What I did get was a lot of context menus left open including one for the next icon in line that is running all the time and one for the taskbar itself?-pilgrim (May 12, 2013, 04:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

Probably need to fine tune it's positioning.

CleanTray.exe - Only removes the icon furthest to the left.
--- End quote ---

cleantray /debug and attach the results thanks.

pilgrim:
I'm having a few problems with this.

Where, and how, do I get the debug results? :-[

I tried it in the cmd window and it wasn't recognised.

I tried adding it in the main batch file where I was running the program from and found that with /debug added it was removing different numbers of icons on each run, from 1 to all.
It also opened the USB Safely Remove pop-up saying there was nothing to disconnect.

Something I forgot to mention in my last post is that the icons no longer seem to be being rearranged. :)

4wd:
Where, and how, do I get the debug results? :-[

I tried it in the cmd window and it wasn't recognised.-pilgrim (May 12, 2013, 07:40 AM)
--- End quote ---

More and more I start to wonder about your system  :)

You are using cleantray 0.1.0.0, (Properties on the executable) ?

And if so, you should get something like:

Advice needed on AHK script

pilgrim:
Don't worry, I just spotted the mistake, I do most of my testing on a non system drive so the CLI couldn't find the file.

4wd:
I just possibly realised why both the AHK and my efforts weren't quite there.

When the mouse runs over the icons Windows removes them if there's no underlying process, it then updates the following icon positions even though the display might not as yet changed.  So even though the mouse appears to run over a position where an icon is, it's not really in that position - it's been moved.

Hey, it's a theory...it explains why both the AHK script and CleanTray need to run multiple times if they're just moving the mouse around.

It also only seems to happen if the icons are situated next to each other, if they are separated by other non-orphaned icons then the slight delay as the cursor travels over them appears to be enough to allow the Notification Area to "settle" into it's new state after an icon removal.

So it all comes down to a matter of timing....

You can test this by doing CleanTray /once and CleanTray /debug /once, the /debug now adds a slight delay so you can watch the mouse move, (so I could check the movement borders), and the /once means it only runs through the cycle once.

With /debug there's enough of a delay for everything to update so that everything completes in a single cycle, (at least on my Phenom x6).

New version up there, default is it moves the mouse at fastest speed and multiple times if the number of icons reduces between runs.

Could you give /m switch a try as no matter how many times I used it, it didn't lose icon positions and it's a lot faster if there's multiple icons to remove.

Just as a matter of interest, I couldn't get the AHK script to work at all, (however it did generate some orphaned icons for me to nuke since I had to kill their tasks  ;D ).

Now I'll go back to playing with Terminator since avoiding the problem in the first place is always a better solution ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version