ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Camera technology - Impressive resolution of photography of a crowd scene.

(1/3) > >>

IainB:
Impressive resolution of photography of a crowd scene - this is the Vancouver Canucks Fan Zone along Georgia St. for Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final, taken before the riots.
I'd never seen anything like this before. Interesting technology. Seems to be a composite picture.
Hard to lose yourself in a crowd with imaging technology like this. Who is using it? Looks rather like "You are being watched."
Makes you wonder why all that fuss about Google StreetView...
http://www.gigapixel.com/image/gigapan-canucks-g7.html
BEFORE THE RIOT version 1 - The Vancouver Canucks Fan Zone along Georgia St. for Game 7 of the 2011 Stanley Cup Final was captured at 5:46 pm on June 15, 2011. It is made up of 216 photos (12 across by 18 down) stitched together, taken over a 15-minute span, and is not supposed to represent a single moment in time. The final hi-res file is 69,394 X 30,420 pixels or 2,110 megapixels. Special thanks to Bonita Howard and CBC Real Estate.

--- End quote ---

Tinman57:
  My god, that is impressive!  Amazing how they can take great technology like this and then turn around and militarize it to the point that it infringes on our privacy.  This photo and facial recognition software they can find you in this crowd plus anyone that your with.  It's just plain scary when you think about it.....

Tinman57:
  I just had an OH MY GOD! moment while looking at this picture.  I zoomed in tight and was scrolling around seeing what everyone was doing when I saw this section of the picture.  It looks like either my ex-wife or one of her Triplet sisters. (In the green shirt)

mouser:
Very cool.

IainB:
Yes, I thought it pretty impressive - and each time, as technological invention and innovation advances, we get one of these "Wow!" surprises.
My immediate thought on seeing it was "Where can I view the Boston marathon shots?"    :huh:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version