ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

SUGGESTION: Maximum Screen Size

<< < (3/8) > >>

mouser:
Let me give this a little more thought.. I suppose there are two ways to approach this -- once is to have a toggle somewhere (available with hotkey perhaps) that switches the SC interface to a mode where the ONLY thing visible in the entire window is the image, hiding all other interface items.  The other would be to have a way to break our the main image panel to a window of its own that could be maximized on a different screen.  Both options seem kind of awkward for SC..

tomos:
If I 'open' an image file via the SC thumbnail panel (double-click, or press enter with thumbnail selected), it opens in my windows default viewer.

Could that be used to view a large image full-size in another monitor?

OLLI_S:
Hello,

once is to have a toggle somewhere (available with hotkey perhaps) that switches the SC interface to a mode where the ONLY thing visible in the entire window is the image, hiding all other interface items.
-mouser (September 23, 2014, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

I think the minimum solution would be if you add an hotkey that shows/hides the screenshot panel.
This is wasting most space.
A hotkey is better than pressing the checkbox.
Maybe a one-key jotkey like [F12].

Additional you should allow to un-dock the screenshot panel as a toolbar.
This way I can move it to the second monitor and can select the screen shot I want to work with.
This would help a lot.

In my eyes it it NOT needed to hide the toolbar at the right side or the menu at the top.
This is not wasting much space.
Just the screenshot panel is a bit large, because in our company we have "Segoe UI 12 pixel" as system font (so the text in the screenshot panel is larger) and my filename are longer (full name of the dialogue and the application and the version number and a counter).

The other would be to have a way to break our the main image panel to a window of its own that could be maximized on a different screen.
-mouser (September 23, 2014, 08:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

This is also not needed, see explanation below.

If I 'open' an image file via the SC thumbnail panel (double-click, or press enter with thumbnail selected), it opens in my windows default viewer.
Could that be used to view a large image full-size in another monitor?
-tomos (September 23, 2014, 09:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, because I am editing the image, not viewing it.

I work as a ergonomic engineer.
Here I am responsible for one big application (1400 dialogs).

The application has different windows, each widow has tabs at the top, each tab has multiple tabs at the right side (sub-tabs).
Some dialogs have also a popup dialogue that is opened when you press a button on a dialogue.
The application is delivered 4 times a year, so there are multiple version numnbers.
And for one dialog I need often 2 to 8 screen shots to mark all problems I have found (because the application can be displayed in 5 different font sizes and at 14 pixels font size there are often problems).

So my filenames look like this (also the length is comparable to the original file names):
Application-Name-is-here-and-longer_Tab-Name_Sub-Tab-name_14.0_01.png
Application-Name-is-here-and-longer_Tab-Name_Sub-Tab-name_14.0_02.png
Application-Name-is-here-and-longer_Tab-Name_Sub-Tab-name_14.0_03.png
Application-Name-is-here-and-longer_Tab-Name_Sub-Tab-name_Popup_Title-text-of-the-popup_14.0_01.png
Application-Name-is-here-and-longer_Tab-Name_Sub-Tab-name_Popup_Title-text-of-the-popup_14.0_01.png

So my filenames of the screen shots are really long and I need to see the full screen shot name.
If I enlarge the screenshot panel to see all file names, then I have scrollbars in the screenshot (the image) that I need to see in 100% (because I also measure the font sizes and this is only possible in 100%).

So at the moment I select an image, hide the screenshot panel, edit the screen shot (mark some errors and write some textboxes).
Then I show the screenshot panel, go to the next screenshot and edit it.
I often go back to the previous screen shot, because I have found an additional bug (styleguide violation) and on the previos screen shot there is enough space for the text box.
I switch really often between the screen shots.

So hiding the screenshot panel with a hotkey would help just a little bit, I would have to press the hot key very often.
But a hot key would be faster than moving the mouse to the "Thumbnail Panel" and clicking it.
This should be implemented for quick helping me.

The best solution would be if I have the screenshot panel as a tool window that I can move to my second monitor.
On my first monitor I see exactly the same window that I see now when I have hidden the screenshot panel (by the checkbox).
Enough space for the screenshot and also for the toolbar.

Sorry if you have to read a lot, but I hope now my problem gets more clear.
 ;)

Greetings

OLLI

mouser:
much clearer, and the idea of having the thumbnail panel as detachable IS something that might be a lot more feasible; let me try.

OLLI_S:
Hello Mouser,

any plans when this will be realized?

Greetings

OLLI

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version