ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ghost - a new "just blogging" platform now fully funded on Kickstarter

<< < (2/3) > >>

40hz:
I love Markdown, and for that reason alone, I want this to succeed. :)
-wraith808 (May 02, 2013, 03:21 PM)
--- End quote ---

Exactly. 8)

TaoPhoenix:
What is Markdown?

40hz:
One of the apparent raison d'etre of Ghost is being a simpler WordPress. I never saw WordPress as complex so I don't get that. Otherwise a simple attractive blogging platform is nice.
-rgdot (May 02, 2013, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---

I don't think it's so much it's complex as that it's very easy to break.

And because of its "everything plus the kitchen sink" modular design (with plug-ins independently developed by coders of varying talent) it's not problem that will ever go completely away.

Ghost seems to be approaching this with a "less is more" philosophy. As in: address one use extremely well and call it a day. You say you want to do other stuff with Ghost? Ok, here's the source code. Go knock yourself out.

The problem I see most non-tech types having with WP is they just don't get the basic idea behind it. They can't (or won't) grok the whole concept of a CMS - which is kinda technical, even on a cursory level. HTML they get. CSS gets dicey. But when you mention pHp code plus a database and a web server, their eyes start to glaze over. "Whaddaya mean my pages don't actually exist as webpages? Whaddya mean they're created on the fly as they're requested by a browser except for static pages. And what's static pages, eh Preciousssss? Give us nice HTML files and keep your nasty CMS!"

Face it rgdot. We're all basically mutants here. ;) ;D

40hz:
What is Markdown?
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2013, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's totally awesome! 8)

See here and here and here.

TaoPhoenix:
What is Markdown?
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2013, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's totally awesome! 8)

See here and here and here.
-40hz (May 02, 2013, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's too many "Here" 's. They make me allergic!
:P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version