ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Ghost - a new "just blogging" platform now fully funded on Kickstarter

<< < (3/3)

40hz:
What is Markdown?
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2013, 03:26 PM)
--- End quote ---

It's totally awesome! 8)

See here and here and here.
-40hz (May 02, 2013, 03:47 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's too many "Here" 's. They make me allergic!
:P
-TaoPhoenix (May 02, 2013, 03:55 PM)
--- End quote ---

That's the price you pay for being too lazy to Google it yourself! :P ;D

wraith808:
Or, I can give you one link.  ;D

tomos:
markdown - isn't that what Wikipedia uses?
(if so, go to a page there Tao, and click edit to see what it looks like)

mahesh2k:
Wordpress is good because the deployment on the server is easy and hosted platform is also free and easy to use. If the ghost can do that then well, it would be better. but if the ghost is built on something like rails or say node.js then I dont think there would be more takers.

wraith808:
markdown - isn't that what Wikipedia uses?
(if so, go to a page there Tao, and click edit to see what it looks like)
-tomos (May 03, 2013, 04:44 AM)
--- End quote ---

No, Wikipedia doesn't use it.  It uses its own syntax, which shares some similarities, but is not Markdown.  For well known sites that use Markdown, refer to GitHub, reddit and Stack Overflow.

Wordpress is good because the deployment on the server is easy and hosted platform is also free and easy to use. If the ghost can do that then well, it would be better. but if the ghost is built on something like rails or say node.js then I dont think there would be more takers.
-mahesh2k (May 03, 2013, 07:58 AM)
--- End quote ---

It is built on node.js (as stated in the link), and uses by default SQLLite through JugglingDB ORM.  I was a bit concerned about the use of node.js, but a couple of things mitigate this- first they are using the Express framework (which is already easy to deploy), and they are packaging using NPM, making it even easier.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version