ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

[Breaking News] Afghanistan cargo plane crash caught on camera

(1/3) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
The moment a US cargo plane spun out of control and crashed shortly after take-off in Afghanistan, killing all seven crew members, has been captured on video.

The Boeing 747, which had taken off from Bagram airbase near the Afghan capital Kabul destined for Dubai, exploded in flames after crashing to earth on Monday, killing all seven people on board – all of whom were American citizens.
The video footage, filmed by what appears to be a camera on the dashboard of a vehicle driving nearby, shows the plane gaining altitude and then twist, plummeting to earth. It is then engulfed in flames.
The Taliban, in a statement, claimed responsibility for the crash, but Nato’s International Security Assistance Force (Isaf) said there were no reports of insurgent activity in or around the base, which is one of the largest in the country.
The National Transportation Safety Board said it was sending a team of investigators to Afghanistan to assist local authorities with their investigation.
The plane – owned by National Airlines, an Orlando, Florida-based subsidiary of National Air Cargo – was carrying vehicles and other cargo, according to National Air Cargo Vice President Shirley Kaufman.

-Read More: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/asia/afghanistan/10029295/Afghanistan-cargo-plane-crash-caught-on-camera.html

SeraphimLabs:
Cause of crash is believed to be its cargo shifting and upsetting the plane's balance, based on communications with air traffic control.

The craft reared up into too steep of a climb, stalled, skidded sideways from lack of airspeed, and then couldn't pull up in time after righting itself.

KynloStephen66515:
Cause of crash is believed to be its cargo shifting and upsetting the plane's balance, based on communications with air traffic control.

The craft reared up into too steep of a climb, stalled, skidded sideways from lack of airspeed, and then couldn't pull up in time after righting itself.

-SeraphimLabs (May 02, 2013, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually found it quite odd that I didn't see this on the BBC or any other news station on TV...at all.

40hz:

-SeraphimLabs (May 02, 2013, 04:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

I actually found it quite odd that I didn't see this on the BBC or any other news station on TV...at all.
-Stephen66515 (May 02, 2013, 04:14 PM)
--- End quote ---

Agree. Supposedly it isn't a hoax either. Makes one wonder....

Stoic Joker:
It was on the ABC news here the other day (when it happened).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version