ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Coding Snack Guidelines

Count Number of Pages in PDF Files

<< < (3/3)

velvasi:
Hi, I came across this post when I was searching for pdf page counter.  So, I thought of sharing it when I found a simple freeware, so that it would be useful for somebody in the future.  http://download.cnet.com/TTFA-PDF-Page-Counter/3000-10743_4-75967133.html

Thank you!

senturion:
Thank you 4wd!!!

This greatly helped me. I'm now saving the script and binaries and dependencies into a zip for future use. I had also added a bit onto the batch to give me the file size in addition. Then when I open in Excel I'd convert it to kilobytes (as it is in bytes to begin with). Here is the script including file size:

--- ---REM PDF-Pages.cmd
@echo off
del output.txt
for /r %1 %%f in (*.pdf) do pdfinfo.exe -meta "%%f" >out.txt & echo "%%f", | tr.exe -d "\r\n" >>output.txt & find "Pages:" out.txt | tr.exe -d "\r\n\055\056\072[:alpha:][:space:]" >>output.txt & echo , | tr.exe -d "\r\n" >>output.txt & find "File size:" out.txt | tr.exe -d "\055\056\072[:space:][:alpha:]" >>output.txt & echo. >>output.txt
del out.txt

senturion:
Perhaps a couple things to note when you are running the above script in a top-level directory containing 58,000+ PDF documents:

A. This will take a while :)

B. Prepare for cmd.exe to start consuming memory. We're up to 2.97 GB used by CMD.exe at the moment. I may have to let this run overnight instead.  :P

scaver:
Sorry for bumping up this threat, but I'm struggeling with the following.
I want to display the total number of pages of the pdfs of the (sub)folders as wel. So not only the final total.

Something like:
c:\pdfs\path1 83
c:\pdfs\path2 12
c:\pdfs\path2\subfolder 3
etc.

Is that possible?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version