topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Tuesday April 16, 2024, 1:36 pm
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Check site www.nirsoft.net for new versions of tools and download if new  (Read 7222 times)

lugosi84

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The site 'nirsoft.net' has a lot of small utilities that are updated on a somewhat regular basis. I would like some kind of program that will check the versions that are on the website against what I already have to see if the website ones are newer. If so, it will download them.

Can this be done reasonably in AutoHotKey?

Thanks in advance for the help.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

lugosi84

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for that! Unfortunately, it is not something that I could use for work purposes. It is free for personal use, but not in a business setting :(

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
What about using NirSoft's own NirLauncher?  http://launcher.nirsoft.net

michaelkenward

• Participant
  • Joined in 2011
  • Broken monitor
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for that! Unfortunately, it is not something that I could use for work purposes. It is free for personal use, but not in a business setting :(

The WSCC about page says:

Free for personal and commercial use.

The Software is being licensed to you free of charge for private and commercial use. It may be freely used, copied and distributed as long as it is not sold, and all original files are included, including this license.

But the $19.95 listed on the website should not break the bank.

WSCC is invaluable. Without it Nirsoft and Sysinternals are impossible to manage.

MK

MilesAhead

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2009
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
WSCC is invaluable. Without it Nirsoft and Sysinternals are impossible to manage.
-michaelkenward (August 13, 2016, 12:54 PM)

Speaking of which, have you been able to get the update buttons to update?  The only reliable way I have found is to delete the folder(such as NirSoft tools) then hit install.  It installs the newest.  But if I just hit update button often is says there aren't any when I am staring at new NirSoft versions on Snapfiles and/or Softpedia.

skwire

• Global Moderator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
@lugosi84: I'd rather not re-invent the wheel but, if you still feel you cannot use WSCC at work, I'll see what I can come up with for you.

4wd

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member

The WSCC about page says:

Free for personal and commercial use.
-michaelkenward (August 13, 2016, 12:54 PM)

Only Version 2 is free for personal and commercial use - that being said, maybe version 2 is all that is required.

The license included in the download for Version 3 says it is not free for commercial use:

The SOFTWARE is free for personal, educational and non-profit organization use. In this case registration is optional. For commercial use, it is required to register (see section 2.1).

2.1. EVALUATION AND REGISTRATION.
You are granted a license for evaluation purposes only. You are authorized to install, copy, and use the SOFTWARE for the sole purpose of testing its functionality. Your license is effective 30 days (the "Evaluation Period") commencing on the date the SOFTWARE is initially installed on the system. You must remove all copies of the SOFTWARE from your system when the Evaluation Period has expired. To continue using the SOFTWARE after the Evaluation Period has expired, you must purchase a license.