ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

auto move folders isnt working; request

(1/2) > >>

Perni:
Love the program first of all, its pratically perfect :)

But im having issues. It is no longer "auto move older Screenshots". It use to. I have it as 7 days to auto-file the images. My destination folder has screenshots in it that are over a month old, it just wont oragnize screenshots. It just isnt doing that anymore. 

I have no idea what to do. Also, as my request, is there a way to force it to auto move screenshots?

mouser:
But im having issues. It is no longer "auto move older Screenshots". It use to.
--- End quote ---

What happened was that I got cold feet about using this option when the user changed directories, so the new SC will auto uncheck this option whenever you change Screenshot Folders.  At least that's what's supposed to happen.  So if you just re-enable this option on the "Saving and Loading Files" tab, it should stick until you change screenshot folders.  However it will also now only be applied when you startup Screenshot Captor.  See answer below for manually triggering.

Also, as my request, is there a way to force it to auto move screenshots?
--- End quote ---

Yes, the MoveTo menu has items for manually triggering the move of old/all screenshots.

Perni:
ah perfect mouser! Appreciated -)

I did recheck the "auto move older screenshots" and "auto creat the MyJunk...." options. Then restarted SC it still didnt move the older screenshots that were very old. I have it set as the same directory as I did before when I used an older version of SC. Everything is the same as it was, so that stumped me.

Either way, I didnt know the MoveTo menu had that, and that worked wonderfully! If I have to resort to moving screenies that way thats perfectly acceptable.

Good Day to you Mouser!

mouser:
I did recheck the "auto move older screenshots" and "auto creat the MyJunk...." options. Then restarted SC it still didnt move the older screenshots that were very old.
--- End quote ---

I'll check it again -- it's possible i messed up the automoving completely -- thanks for the heads up.
Glad to hear the manual move works well.  :up:

zzynx:
I experience the same problem. My old screenshots are not auto moved anymore. Although the check box is selected.

So, reading this topic, I manually performed the action "Move *old* screenshots to "OLDER\%FILEDATE%".
That worked.
Although... ALL screenshots were moved; also the ones I created a minute ago...
Since there's also a menu item "Move *all* screenshots to "OLDER\%FILEDATE%" I don't think that was the intention.
Just mentioning.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version