ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (7/156) > >>

deepkent:
Mouser: No, the file is 118kb.

mouser:
Yeah well that's your problem then :)

Cavalcader:
Yeah well that's your problem then :)
-mouser (October 19, 2007, 02:15 PM)
--- End quote ---
Careful -- that could easily be taken as "that's your problem then" rather than "that's your problem then".  :D

Mouser: No, the file is 118kb.
-deepkent (October 19, 2007, 02:01 PM)
--- End quote ---
Try clearing your browser cache. IE can be stubborn about using cached material even after it's been updated online. (Also it happily keeps partially-downloaded files. It just dumps 'em wherever you said to put 'em with the full name of the intended file and no indication there was a problem. Firefox is a little smarter about that stuff.)

If that doesn't do it you'll have to look at firewall/antivirus/proxy settings and so on.

deepkent:
Thanks for the tip about the IE cache - I have done that.  I also downloaded the file via Firefox - and it was 8.1MB.  But now another problem, I'm afraid - I tried opening it from the Firefox download manager, and got the message attached.  So I clicked on "Launch application", and - nothing happened.  For 10 minutes, until I gave up waiting.  then I went to the folder where I had saved it and tried opening it from there.  And got the same error message I originally started with - "file is not a valid Win32 application".

I'm sinerely grateful for all your help, but I'm now giving up.  When a program is this difficult to get started - even with all the valuable help on this site - I lose interest.  I'm not so desperate for it that I want to devote hours or days of my life to getting it to even install.

But thanks, guys, for all your suggestions.  At least I've learned to empty the IE cache!

Now I'm going to google for a screen capture program I can use.

All the best

deepkent:
Sorry - forgot to attach the Firefox message, which might help someone else.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version