ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (143/156) > >>

IainB:
@KodeZwerg:
I use the latest Setup.exe version and run on Windows 10 x64 latest build, the options i use (create a screenshot and save) are working like ever.

Could you try Setup.exe aswell to minimize error to portable package?
-KodeZwerg (December 05, 2018, 05:19 PM)
--- End quote ---
This was addressed to me - right?

I indicated that I initially used the CHS setup (through DCUpdater).
I then tried Portable.zip
Same result - System Error.  Code: 1722.
I then reverted to the earlier version and tried the whole thing (Setup and then Portable install) again.
Same result - System Error.  Code: 1722.

So the causal problem would seem to be in the latest version. Specifically - by deduction - it would seem to be in one or more of the three (apparently only) updated files:

* ScreenshotCaptor.chm        3551838   10/10/2018 4:06 PM   10/10/2018 4:06 PM
* ScreenshotCaptor.dcupdate      1104   29/11/2018 4:07 PM   29/11/2018 4:07 PM
* ScreenshotCaptor.exe        9465096   29/11/2018 4:07 PM   29/11/2018 4:07 PM

mouser:
I'm having a hard time imagining why you would get that error with Screenshot Captor.. and you're saying reverting to prior version works? That is bizarre.  Anyone else?
Are you using some kind of network mapped drive? Or maybe some antivirus program doing something weird..

IainB:
@mouser:
I'm having a hard time imagining why you would get that error with Screenshot Captor.. and you're saying reverting to prior version works? That is bizarre.  Anyone else?
Are you using some kind of network mapped drive? Or maybe some antivirus program doing something weird..
-mouser (December 05, 2018, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---
Thanks for responding.
I know what you mean. I sometimes have a hard time imagining that I will be able to get up in the mornings, but it usually all works out somehow.
There have been no recent changes to mapped drives or anything. The system remains relatively stable (or whatever passes for "stable" with Win10...).

My drives: (what I use most)

* The HDD.
* 3 x Cloud Drives (accessed fairly frequently).
* 1 x Cloud Drive (accessed occasionally).
* 1 x 2GB dynamically changing RAMdrive (set as the TEMP variable).
The only slightly unusual thing I do with drives (have done for ages) is set hard links to cloud storage volumes/folders. I use these hard links as virtual folders, some of which are my main "working folders".
The hard links are very stable and never cause any problems. The drives I use are unlikely to be causing the problem, because - and as you have also observed -  the earlier version of SC consistently works OK, whereas it is only the latest version of SC which consistently does not.

The only "odd" thing I have found with folders is the mysteriously-appearing "QL folter temp", which I referred to in a Launch Bar Commander - Latest Version thread. I wondered whether it might have something to do with the observed LBC long delays.

mouser:
Can you try making two new directories for the new version portable, and old version portable.  In both cases dont put a screenshotcaptor.ini file in there on the first run so they both start with default directories.
I didn't make any change to the program that I can imagine could be causing this problem, so I'm still guessing it has something to do with where it thinks its trying to store your data files or screenshot files.

Anyone else having this problem?

OH wait I can think of one change that COULD be responsible.. the code that gets the default printer name!!!!

I'm guessing your default printer is unavailable or a network printer of some sort, etc.

IainB, I've sent you a link to a beta version.  Let me know how it works for you.  If it still gives error I'll remove the code.

KodeZwerg:
The "RPC server unavailable" error can occur for the following reasons:

DNS problems

Time synchronization problem

RPC service is not running

Network connectivity problem

Troubleshooting:
DNS problems - Check the DNS pointing on each DC.
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;EN-US;825036

Time synchronization problem - PDC role owner in forest root domain should be a authorative time server.
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/816042

RPC service-
Ensure the RPC service is running.

Network connectivity-
Ensure that the important well-known ports required in a domain environment are open on the firewall between these DCs, use the Portqry tool.
http://blogs.technet.com/b/abizerh/archive/2009/06/11/troubleshooting-rpc-server-is-unavailable-error-reported-in-failing-ad-replication-scenario.aspx

Additional, Active Directory Replication Over Firewalls
http://social.technet.microsoft.com/wiki/contents/articles/active-directory-replication-over-firewalls.aspx

Ports requirement for AD.
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd772723(WS.10).aspx
--- End quote ---

Taken from MS TechNet

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version