ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (99/156) > >>

mouser:
Thanks.
For those who don't know what Tomos is referring to: In previous versions of SC, to do a selected region capture, you moved the cursor to the upper left, then left-clicked, and HELD DOWN the left mouse and dragged to the lower right and released.  In the new version you can still do that, but you can also just use a single left-click and release to mark the two corners.  Escape will cancel in either case.

mouser:
v4.9.1 - October 10, 2014

* [Feature] You can now control what happens when you hit Ctrl+C (see More Interface Options tab); previously it always did a context-sensitive copy-to-clipboard, copying currently selected region or object if there was one; you can now configure this to always copy whole image to clipboard.
* [Feature] Copy-to-clipboard menus now show a more informative context-sensitive caption and include an additional item for copying whole image, in addition to copying selected region or object.
* [Feature] Better copy-to-clipboard behavior.
* [BugFix] Selected region copy was causing some issues for some users, a Range Check Error [thanks TimB!]
* [BugFix] When option to auto add caption to printouts is enabled, it was removing any user-created caption at time of printing.

mouser:
If you downloaded 4.9.1 before 2pm forum time 10/10/14, you might want to redownload.

Additionally, I could use some advice about something.  I have added a new option to let user choose how Ctrl+C works.

By default, and in past versions, hitting Ctrl+C had a different effect depending on the context.  If you were working with an image and had nothing selected, it would copy the entire image to the clipboard (as a bitmap).
But if you had a region selected, it would copy just that region to the clipboard; if you had an object selected in object editing mode, it would copy just that object to the clipboard; if you selected a file on the left hand side, it would copy the FILE object to the clipboard.

The new option for Ctrl+C tells it to always copy the full image to the clipboard no matter what context.  You can still copy a selected region or object by using the Edit menu (or Clipboard toolbar button).

SO.. my question is, should i make the new option for control+C (always copy full image) the DEFAULT?  I know a few people have posted before about being confused at Ctrl+C behavior, so this might be the least confusing option.

Thoughts?

ewemoa:
On a related note...how does the idea of provided some kind of feedback indicating (via text of some sort -- e.g. some delayed balloon with text) what kind of a copy happened and how it might be changed?  With the ability to turn this off easily ofc :)

mouser:
Not a bad idea -- though I will note it already does something like this -- it shows on the statusbar what kind of copy has just been performed.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version