ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (80/156) > >>

cmpm:
Why isn't an announcement in either "Official Announcements"
or at least "DC Member Programs and Projects".
SC 4.0 certainly deserves the attention, it's a big upgrade and sets the standard higher for other screenshot capture software.

oblivion:
Just spotted this (as a result of recommending the program to a colleague) on the main ScreenshotCaptor page:

Ability to embed textual comments in files or add attractiv captions to images and printouts.
--- End quote ---

Oddly, the missing 'e' attracted my attention, so maybe it's an attractive misspelling in more ways than one ;)

mouser:
Thanks for the heads up oblivion.

mouser:
Several important fixes in latest release:

v4.3.0 - April 22, 2013

* [Improvement] Clipboard toolbar button now includes some clipboard paste actions.
* [Improvement] Save and open dialogs are now resizable.
* [Improvement] Holding shift when triggering delete actions now bypasses recycle bin (conforms with standard windows behavior).
* [Improvement] You can now set the custom character used to replace illegal filename characters (default is '_')
* [Improvement+BugFix] Previously, the post-capture pop-up dialog operated on the image PRIOR to any alpha-transparency fixups that were applied to an active window capture; this could result in black areas around images that you copied to clipboard from within the postcapture dialog.  Now such operations are performed prior to display in the post-capture dialog -- Thanks BillS!
* [Change] If you try to trigger an active window capture from system tray menu you now get a message explaining that you can't trigger it that way.
* [BugFix] Previous version was deleting old settings files into the recycle bin.
* [BugFix] Random or black 1-pixel sized borders could appear at bottom and/or right border of image if anti-aliasing is enabled and an object with shadows is placed near bottom of image.
* [BugFix/Change] Mask files should now end in the extension of the mask file format ("e.g. hands.png.maskjpg" if the mask is in jpg format; you can also use maskpng and maskgif)

johnfdeluca:
Wow.  Mouser, I came back to download the latest and greatest as it's been a while since I've checked in and updated SC.  Your improvements are tremendous!  I totally love:
auto-upload to imageshack (no need for zloader anymore)
new/improved special effects (love the splce, glow, and others)
love the little toolbar option that docks to my top screen.  I'm typically a keyboard shortcut guy (yes, I know, we drive you batty), but the toolbar is there when I need and hidden when I don't.

To be honest, I ran into a few issues with the program a while ago and just never found the time to work with you to correct the crashes/issues.  I started using ShareXMod which I liked but missed one real key feature yours has is that it saves the screenshot and the objects separately......so I can find an old screenshot and change some of the embellishments I did in SC.  So I came back....to a brand new version of SC with oodles of goodies.  I've been using 4.0 (just updated to 4.3 today) without any of the errors I experienced before.....so I am a happy camper.  I'm sure you get lots of people who gush, but it never hurts to hear good things over and over.  I use screenshots at work daily, and your features make for a very nice professional screenshot.  There are a lot of tools out there in this arena, but since I've been a DC member, I found SC to always have the best features and a very responsive developer. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version