ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (79/156) > >>

IainB:
Thanks for this latest release.
Some nifty new features that I am still exploring here...
Sorry to report that I seem to be able to make SSC crash repeatedly by deleting the file icons (for capture files that I want to delete) down the LHS of the main screen.
The first time it did it, there was a message with an access violation error.
After that it just kept crashing with the same message:
[Window Title]
Screenshot Captor

[Main Instruction]
Screenshot Captor has stopped working

[Content]
A problem caused the program to stop working correctly. Windows will close the program and notify you if a solution is available.

[Close program]

--- End quote ---

mouser:
Hi Ian.

Can you tell me in what manner you deleted the files? did you select them and hit the delete key, or use right click menu, or use the File -> Delete selected item.  What Operating System do you have?

Can you reliably reproduce the problem? Any clues you could give me as to when it happens and when it doesn't would be greatly appreciated.

IainB:
OS = Win7-64 Home Premium.
I was using SSC to capture screenshots of the Windows Calculator, and I deleted those I did not want by clicking on the file icon in the LHS of the window, and then using the Delete key. Crash.
Restarted SSC, did another delete. Crash. Rinse and repeat.
After the third or fourth successive crash, I captured the error message (as in my post above).

I just did it again to check (2013-03-30 0646hrs). Started up SSC (after its last crash), took a screenshot of the calculator; deleted the screenshot file. Exact same result. Crashes a couple of seconds right after the Delete action.
So, yes, it looks like I can reproduce it consistently.
I can't explain it.
There's nothing else buggy in my system, and I am using all my other usual applications just fine.

mouser:
That's great news that you can reproduce -- that should help me solve it if you continue to be willing to test.
Can you test the same kind of actions but using the File->Delete menus instead if the delete key? And let me know if you can get it to crash when you use those delete items on the menu, or if it only happens when using the delete key.

IainB:
Sorry, just got around to going to read DCF posts and saw your request ^.
This should be more helpful.
It just so happens that some of my screenshots of the Calculator are .bmp files (not sure how I did that - was by accident), and some are .png files.

To test things, I have just performed lots of deletions, and restored them from the Recycle Bin, and deleted them again, etc.
Results:
1. Deleting .bmp and/or .png (one or more at a time) from any of the menu File delete  choices does not seem to cause any problems, so far.

2. However, when deleting using the Delete key as before:

* The crashes ONLY ever occur via this method.
* The file(s) is(are) deleted (to Recycle Bin), and then SSC crashes.
* However: SSC ONLY crashes when a .PNG file is deleted.
* That is: SSC does not crash on a single/multiple .bmp file delete.
* If a .bmp and a .png file are deleted together at the same time, then a SSC crash occurs. So it seem to be that the presence of a .PNG file in the deletions is what ensures the crash will occur.
That looks like progress, to me.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version