ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (34/156) > >>

tomos:
thanks for the update mouser

btw I notice Avira corrected that false positive the following day (after I reported it)
This URL is indeed falsely classified as Malware. This has been corrected now and with one of the next VDF updates, the URL shouldn't be blocked anymore.
--- End quote ---

mouser:
Latest version:
v2.78.01 - Dec 24th, 2009

* [Feature] New option to auto-file older screenshots into a subdirectory based on date -- useful in keeping your workspace cleaner.
* [Minor Feature] You can now use Ctrl+A in the thumbnail panel to select all files.
* [BugFix] Fix for thumbnail creation flickering.
* [Minor Feature] When capturing desktop and no active window is selected; instead of the file comments saying "explorer.exe" they say "Desktop"
* [Minor Feature] Transparency tool setting was not being saved between runs.
* [Minor Feature] Added list of capture types you can trigger from commandline.
* [Minor Feature] Fixed the "-printnext" commandline option.
Note: The updater doesn't know about this yet, going to wait for some feedback first; you can force the updater to grab it by right clicking on the item and choosing "Install from the web..".

hubi:
Thanks for new release. Comments

1) Not impressed that it automatically took all my existing files and placed them in subfolders without asking (hint, a prompt would have been nice). Resulted in a "WTF !" but was easy enough to work out and undo.

2) Flickering looks improved but not really sure if it is fixed (here is hoping).

3) Still have the problem where it sometimes forgets my settings for highlights (specifically 'Inner Color' off and 'Line width' = 3') plus the hiding the file comments area.

4) Have a new intermittent (but frequent) problem where the Screenshot captor appears in the task bar at system start. Have set to start when system starts. Please note this started with 2.77.01.

mouser:
1) Not impressed that it automatically took all my existing files and placed them in subfolders without asking (hint, a prompt would have been nice). Resulted in a "WTF !" but was easy enough to work out and undo.
--- End quote ---

You're right -- the new autofiling option is on by default in the new version; at least on first use it should come up and tell user what's about to happen and give them option to disable.

2) Flickering looks improved but not really sure if it is fixed (here is hoping).
--- End quote ---

This (and accompanying slow reloading of display with large #'s of screenshots) will be fixed when i finally integrate the new thumbnail panel code i've written.

3) Still have the problem where it sometimes forgets my settings for highlights (specifically 'Inner Color' off and 'Line width' = 3')
--- End quote ---

ok i'll look again -- i think i fixed the transparent value being forgotten.

4) Have a new intermittent (but frequent) problem where the Screenshot captor appears in the task bar at system start. Have set to start when system starts. Please note this started with 2.77.01.
--- End quote ---
i know the problem, ill look into it again.

tomos:
--- End quote ---

You're right -- the new autofiling option is on by default in the new version; at least on first use it should come up and tell user what's about to happen and give them option to disable.
-mouser (December 30, 2009, 06:00 PM)
--- End quote ---

that had me in a little panic for a while too I'll tell you (just got the update today)
I personally dont see any advantage to the new filing system - cant I sort by date if I want to ? although maybe not in SC itself? - I usually sort the folder by date (or name) in file manager

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version