ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (101/156) > >>

TaoPhoenix:
Hallo Mouser.

I'm a couple of versions back. (4.85)

Remember that cute little trick you put in for me a big while back, where "1 click" on the tray icon initiated the capture rectangle?

For a long time (but I never really worried about it) I have noticed a lag, maybe as much as 3 seconds, before the rectangle capture would kick in. But quasi recently I've been doing more capturing off videos, where the video (be it TV/movie or Youtube) shows something for under a second but I want to gaze at it idly for a week on a Sticky (Tom Revell / Zhorn).

But in videos, that 3 second delay means when I click the icon, 3 seconds later, that quick flash image is no longer there!

So I have to back up like 3-7 times, remember the trigger points, and guess when to click, and hope that when the rectangle locks in, is the image I want.

Was that lag a function of the ugly hack you needed back in the day for the feature, or do you think it's easy to clean up?

mouser:
The first thing to check is if you have the Delay option engaged.  You can find that in the tray menu under "Capture Options..".

The second thing to check is if the delay only happens on the first capture in a long time.  That is, is the second capture fast if performed soon after the first one completes?

If you don't have the delay engaged and the second capture is fast, then the delay is due to Screenshot Captor being unloaded from memory by the operating system after a long period of disuse.  To combat this, you can go to the Startup Options for SC and choose the "Inactive Memory Use" option of "Stay in Memory Longer".

TaoPhoenix:

Hmm. It's not so clear, but I did (re?) disable delay capture which might have been clicked on, (though it says 400ms, that's not what it felt like), and Stay in memory longer is def on.

So it seems a little better, and I'll try that for a while.

TaoPhoenix:
The delay is still there ... about 3 sec.

mouser:
New minor beta uploaded, just getting back into the swing of things.  Although it is a very minor feature, the new (and default) print option to automatically choose page orientation based on aspect ratio of the image seems long overdue.

v4.9.3 BETA - December 16, 2014

* [Feature] New print option (default) to match automatically page orientation to screenshot aspect ratio.
* [MinorFeature] Added keyboard accelerator for Edit -> Select -> Remember item.
* [BugFix] Uploader dialog was opening on wrong initial tab.
* [BugFix] Patch region special effect was missing last row+column.
* [Change] If you try to minimize SC and have unsaved changes, choosing cancel/dontsave will now still minimize the program.
* [Feature] When you have multiple arrows selected and change arrow properties, all properties are updated except text labels.
* [Feature] You can now save and load object preset files (saves and loads all properties of objects like arrows, text memos, etc); you can select some objects and apply an object preset file to change the properties of the selected objects.  It will save the settings of the current tool, or all tools if not in a specific object mode. See Objects menu. To show the Saved presets on the main toolbar (instead of as a submenu of Objects menu) see the "More Interface Options" tab.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version