topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 3:17 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Last post Author Topic: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022  (Read 1198422 times)

cmpm

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.7.2 - Sep 13, 2013
« Reply #450 on: September 26, 2013, 07:51 AM »
Or you can set to copy to clipboard from the capture bar.

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #451 on: September 26, 2013, 05:10 PM »
Would be really nice to have that setting when right clicking on the systray icon ;)

selt

• Participant
  • Joined in 2012
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #452 on: October 11, 2013, 02:37 AM »
Thanks tomos!

now, the strange thing which started to happen is if i select option (or via shift+prtscr) "Grab selected region" it always gives me "Out of system resources"
I can assure you my laptop is a beast Lenovo w530 withCPU i7-3740QM 2.70, 8GB RAM, win7 ent.
so no questions about going out of resources there. I have restarted it, still the same. it never happened before.
I have reverted settings to Nothing but that didn't help either.

when i get that message i can dismiss it but then icon just stays red forever and i have to kill the exe to start it again.

if I use any other option like capture active window, capture fixed size region, entire workspace, current screen - all that works!
However, ONLY when i try :Grab selected region" option" that comes back with "Out of system resources".

any clues?

hi Selt
in preferences: post capture options:
 (see attachment in previous post)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Mouser's Software Zone on DonationCoder.com
    • Read more about this member.
    • Donate to Member
« Reply #453 on: October 11, 2013, 04:55 AM »
On your tab for "Selection Capture Options", what do you have checked for "When to Use Red Box"?

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
New official release:

v4.8 - December 3, 2013
  • [MinorFeature] Including .sctool file for XnView screenshot folder thumbnail browsing; will show up in your Tools menu if XnView is found installed.
  • [MinorFeature] Including .sctool file for IrfanView screenshot folder thumbnail browsing; will show up in your Tools menu if XnView is found installed.
  • [Improvement] Drag and drop of file into the SC window is now smart enough to realize when the file is from the current Screenshot directory and present more appropriate options in this case.
  • [MinorFeature] New tray item to print last screenshot.
  • [BugFix] Somehow the 'z' character could not be used in the post-capture dialog for caption or filename.
  • [MinorFeature] New Redbox capture object mode now will grab cursor if options say to do so (but not when scrolling).
  • [MinorFeature] New option (save/load tab) to not show movie files in thumbnail panel.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2013, 07:30 AM by mouser »

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Nice, thanks for the update :)

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thanks for the thanks!  :up:

I think the new print menu item in the tray could be useful.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.8 - Dec 3, 2013
« Reply #457 on: December 03, 2013, 07:30 AM »
Official release v4.8 uploaded.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Sorry it's been so long since I released an update!

As usual when it's been a while, I'm going to be a little cautious and just release some minor fixes first, then I'll try to dig a little deeper and add some features a little later.

v4.8.2 BETA - April 12, 2014
  • [MinorChange] Removed the discontinued imm.io image hosting service from uploader services; defaulted to imageshack (supporting both anonymous and non-anonymous accounts).
  • [MinorChange] Clarified warning about image files being visible to public if uploaded to anonymous hosting account.
  • [MinorChange] If a second instance is launched, SC no longer displays a warning message, it simply un-minimizes the first instance.
  • [BugFix] Pixelating a tiny region with large grid size could result in floating point error.
  • [BugFix] Red box capture mode was capturing regions that were missing 1 pixel width around each edge.
  • [BugFix] Resizing image from resize form could shrink the close-up zoom panel.
  • [BugFix] Trying to undo from resizing image would not undo object size changes (hit undo twice to do this now).
  • [BugFix] Automoving old screenshots at startup had not been working in recent versions.
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to start the auto-capture timer at startup.
  • [MinorFeature] New option to immediately jump cursor to arrow text edit box when selecting/adding line arrows for quick labeling and label changes (see drawing object options tab).
  • [MinorFeature] Added option to disable docking behavior of Quick Capture Bar.
  • [MinorFeature] Added detailed warning and confirmation dialog with tips before attempting to resize an image containing objects.

Download link in first post of thread.  I'd appreciate any beta reports.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:46 AM by mouser »

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Greaaatttt :D Well done!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Beta has been made official (v4.8.2).

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hello Mouser,

Although I installed the latest version of Screenshot Captor (4.8.2) over the previous one (4.8.0) and although Screenshot Captor runs fine, on start-up it prompts for update- although it is the latest version:

http://i60.tinypic.com/1zzw3l.png - Screenshot Captor - Update Prompt
http://i59.tinypic.com/ve3t4m.png - Screenshot Captor - Version

Why can't Screenshot Captor detect that the latest version is installed?

Regards and thanks for the new release!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you for letting me know about this so quickly!

I forgot to update a setting to let it know what version it is for update purposes -- that's what happens when i wait 4 months to release an update -- I forget how to do it properly!

New version is uploaded -- if you update once more it should stop giving you that message.

smaragdus

• Participant
  • Joined in 2009
  • default avatar
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Thank you Mouser for your immediate response and fix! I downloaded and installed the fixed version and everything is fine now- no prompts for updates.

All the best!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.8.4 Beta - April 23, 2014
  • [MinorFeature] You can now toggle the object-capture behavior to not present the "What Now?" dialog where you can choose scrolling capture, etc., and instead do an immediate object/region capture.
  • [Improvement] Minor improvements to Scrolling Capture workflow/instructions/warnings.
  • [MajorImprovement] Revamped the "manual" method of performing a scrolling capture, to make it easier to do your own scrolling on stubborn windows.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
The new manual scrolling capture function should make it fairly painless to do your own scrolling (vertical, horizontal, or both) and handle situations where automatic scrolling doesn't work well.

Now when you select a manual scrolling capture, you do your own scrolling, hitting PrtScr hotkey on each page as you scroll, and then tell the program when you are done.
You can then stitch the captured images together using the normal scrolling capture assembly dialog.

I'd like to get some feedback on the new feature.

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Anyone test the new manual scrolling capture?

Epamitut

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi forum. Fantastic program !!

Please. Are there alternatives to Screenshot Captor for GNU/Linux distros?
Around RPM, or DEB packages?
What a imbroglio.

PS: migrating plan.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2014, 01:12 AM by Epamitut »

Filipe Meira Castro

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2010
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi Mouser,

Have tested the scroll windows capturing for the first time.
It worked really good and fast in auto mode. (Quite complex the menu but just accepted default settings and SSC did everything!!) So then I tried with the manual mode, pretty straight forward instructions and same result achieved. Well done!

Cheers!

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
v4.8.5 - May 14, 2014
  • [MajorImprovement] Completely revamped the "manual" method of performing a scrolling capture, to make it easier to do your own scrolling on stubborn windows.
  • [MinorImprovement] Added some commandline options for use with an already running copy of Screenshot Captor.
  • [MinorFeature] You can now toggle the object-capture behavior to not present the "What Now?" dialog where you can choose scrolling capture, etc., and instead do an immediate object/region capture.
  • [Improvement] Minor improvements to Scrolling Capture workflow/instructions/warnings.

tomos

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Manual scrolling was fairly simple and very successful in FF - I used the default guess margins etc and they worked perfectly,
thanks mouser :Thmbsup:

Video demonstration of new manual scrolling is here: https://www.donation...c/3ds/sc29/sc29.html
Tom

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Glad to hear it -- hopefully the new manual scrolling option means that even in the craziest of circumstances you should be able to get some semblance of a scrolled capture stitched together.

Epamitut

• Participant
  • Joined in 2014
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Hi forum.
v4.8.5

My minor Bug found: In scrolling window, when I changed the settings from PNG to JPG, the horizontal scrolling (remaining Don't scroll) returned to left the horizontal bar Firefox, and then ran ​​the Vertical scrolling.

In Preferences: Why don't reverse the order of buttons: Cancel, Apply, Accept? -> Apply, Accept, Cancel.

« Last Edit: May 16, 2014, 07:07 PM by Epamitut »

Chessnia

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2007
    • View Profile
    • CHESSNIA
    • Donate to Member
This is a feature request.

There is one feature which I think could improve screencaptor: a custom stamp tool. (you know, where you can add images to a custom list which you can then use in your annotations. Like acrobat but better) This feature, if added, would need to allow transparent png images, or else the stamp tool would not be that useful.
I often find myself needing to annotate screenshots with images which I use all the time. I can do this with an image editor, of course, but it takes a fair bit of time...

mouser

• First Author
  • Administrator
  • Joined in 2005
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Already possible :)

See the clipart button on the sidebar.  It comes with some nice clipart built in but you can add your own custom directories to it to use your own "stamps".

These custom images can also be used with the Screenshot Captor watermarking function, which will overlay your image but semi transparent, etc.

Let me know how it works for you!