ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Screenshot Captor

LATEST VERSION INFO THREAD - ScreenshotCaptor - v4.42.0 beta - July 21, 2022

<< < (86/156) > >>

cmpm:
The only thing lacking, imo, is the help file that comes with SC.
I'd like to suggest that the help file be broken down like the preferences.
-The Basics
-Basic Capturing
-Advanced Tweaking
-Tools
I know a user can always come here for help.
Sometimes a help file is more useful.
And with all the beta work done recently, the answers or workings of SC are fresh in the mind.

mouser:
Some very good suggestions about the help file, cmpm.  I will try to put a revamp of it on my todo list.
I've also made a ton of screencasts but it would be great if someone could make a nice gentle tutorial one.

Lyoma wrote:
Can I group selected items (several objects) into one object in screenshot capture?
--- End quote ---
I'm afraid not.  What I always suggest to people who need to do SERIOUS object editing on their screenshots is to use a professional image editor and configure it within Screenshot Captor so it's easier to launch on files.

cmpm:
I've also made a ton of screencasts
--- End quote ---

You certainly did!
It's been a while since I went to that page.
Lots of help.

https://www.donationcoder.com/screencasts/sc/

bubbajunk:
I apologize in advance if I missed it, but how do you use the new feature in v4.5 to save to clipboard without saving file using one key? I tried setting the Interface Options > After Capture to Pop-Up Choice Dialog, and Post Capture Options > Copy To Clipboard to Image Bitmap (strange wording since I have my Default Image File Format set to PNG, perhaps this should just say "Image" to reduce confusion).

When the Pop-Up dialog appears, I select the "To Clipboard", then "To Clipboard:Image", then the red close button. That seems to do the trick to copy the image to the clipboad without saving the file. But it takes three clicks to accomplish. I had expected a one-click or one shortcut keystroke action that would copy to clipboard and dismiss the dialog box all in one action. Is this possible, and I'm just missing something? Or does it really take three clicks?

Thanks for your help.

mouser:
I think these are the settings you want, let me know:

Now when the post-capture dialog comes up, just hit C to copy to clipboard (or escape to cancel), and there's nothing more to do.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version