ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

Patch to Disable ACL access-control-lists

<< < (4/7) > >>

Ath:
Awaiting a miracle...
-mraeryceos (April 29, 2013, 04:58 PM)
--- End quote ---
It's a passed station. They called it Windows 98.

You'd better not hook it up to the internetzzz, it'll be infected with virus or malware in a few minutes.

mraeryceos:
That was constructive.  Perhaps you meant SLAX instead of Win98.

mraeryceos:
Ping.

f0dder:
Just for the record, I don't believe you have malicious intents - a tool like this really wouldn't make much sense for malicious use. It would of course limit your system's resilience against malware quite a bit.

And while I don't believe there's any malicious intent, I still think it's misguided, though. But that's probably because I never really run into really vexing permission problems. I can think of perhaps three occasions over the last few years...

1) dealing with NTFS USB drive with user accounts made on another machine (and obviously in a non-domain setup).
2) doing some serious customization of Windows install images - removing and adding drivers.
3) fixing up a running Windows because I had messed up the install image too much.

Apart from that, I can't really recall any permission related problems. But I'm the kind of guy that really doesn't mind UAC popups, anyway.

mraeryceos:
Thanks for the vote of confidence.  I would still like ACL disabled.  It is one more layer of complexity that is not always necessary

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version