ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Clipboard extender that does not need an exe file to run

(1/2) > >>

TomD101:
Hello all,
if something matching the following description exists already, please let me know. I would not even know how to formulate the fitting question.
My problem:
At my office we are switching from a quite open XP environment to a totally lockdown Windows 7. We can work with some allowed applications, but executing any other exe file is prohibited. Drive C with programs and OS is hidden, installing anything is not possible. User rights are restricted. Just imagine any no-fun, paranoid, as little administration as possible provider and you got our new IT crowd.
After using ditto for 10odd years I dread the moment having to do anything manually again.
My question:
Is it possible to program a clipboard extension whatsoever that runs from a whatever programming environment (java, ahk, you name it) and circumvents the barricades of the user settings?
Thanks for thinking
Thomas
Berlin, Germany

c.gingerich:
Wow that IS no fun. There is no way to get around that using a program. Best way I can think of is to use a folder on your desktop and keep your clips in there in a text file and you would have to copy and paste from that.

Another way would be to use the dos command CLIP. You can have a BATch file that copies a text file with your clip in it to the clipboard and then you can paste it. Not the best way, but I think that may work.

Ath:
If you're not allowed to run un-authorized executables, then don't expect to be allowed to run scripts or script-like languages!

You'd better have the applications you want to use validated and authorized by your IT department, so you can run them like you are used to.

kunkel321:
Yea..  Tell THE MAN to stop beating your down!   8)

TomD101:
Hello all,

thanks for your answers. I will have to live with the new situation.
There is no way to get THE MAN into helping me.  Our new IT crowd distributes a working environment with a fixed number of programs we need. Anything else is blocked. If we need additional programs, we have to pay. Ditto (the freeware) would cost some 20+ $ PER MONTH AND PER PC.

I will just do less work in the same time. Two of the greatest time savers are not available anymore. Ditto and Filebox Extender.

As I can't be fired (hired for life), THE MAN pays me my income even if my productivity goes down. I can live with that.

Thomas
Berlin, Germany

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version