ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: activate Windows (7) mapped network drives

<< < (2/5) > >>

skwire:
I tried using 'net use' but it didn't work for me. But if it works for you, perhaps I did make a mistake somewhere-Losdollos (April 22, 2013, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use the command like this:

net use s: \\server\c mypassword /USER:jody /PERSISTENT:NO

I always use the "/PERSISTENT:NO" option and then I either put a shortcut to the batch file in my startup folder or simply run the batch file manually after booting.  If you need me to break down the command part by part, just ask.

4wd:
Just as a matter of interest, what happens if you just use the UNC or IP address instead of mapping the drive?

I don't think I've mapped a drive since Win98, it was easier to use the IP - seemed to be a little more reliable also.

Losdollos:
I tried using 'net use' but it didn't work for me. But if it works for you, perhaps I did make a mistake somewhere-Losdollos (April 22, 2013, 02:21 AM)
--- End quote ---

I use the command like this:

net use s: \\server\c mypassword /USER:jody /PERSISTENT:NO

I always use the "/PERSISTENT:NO" option and then I either put a shortcut to the batch file in my startup folder or simply run the batch file manually after booting.  If you need me to break down the command part by part, just ask.
-skwire (April 22, 2013, 07:38 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for your help  :)

I will try it and report back here  :D

Losdollos:
what happens if you just use the UNC or IP address instead of mapping the drive?
-4wd (April 22, 2013, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your help  :)

If only I understood what you are saying, I am not so smart in these matters  :(

Would you mind explaning a little more what you mean?

Thank you in advance  :)

4wd:
what happens if you just use the UNC or IP address instead of mapping the drive?
-4wd (April 22, 2013, 09:48 PM)
--- End quote ---

If only I understood what you are saying, I am not so smart in these matters  :(

Would you mind explaning a little more what you mean?-Losdollos (April 23, 2013, 03:55 AM)
--- End quote ---

No problem, UNC is Universal Naming Conventionw used to access a network shared resource which can be a file, folder, printer, etc.

eg. \\SomeComputer\SomeFolder\SomeFile

IP is what you've already posted above, \\192.168.7.44\media

Instead of mapping a NAS share so that you can use Y: or X: as a path to a file, just use the UNC path, (or IP), to access the folder\file, eg.

\\NAS\media          <- change NAS to whatever name your NAS shows up as, eg. Synology
\\192.168.7.44\media
\\NAS\office
\\192.168.7.44\office

and add them to your Favourites in Explorer, (or whatever filemanager you use).

I don't think Onenote would have any problem syncing if you specified either one of those forms, (I might be wrong though), most Windows programs since Win98 usually work with one or the other.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version