ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

Find and Run Robot - Freeze after Launch

<< < (3/4) > >>

corneliusworm:
Just sent you the debug file.  Thank you for your help.

mouser:
Ok so on at least one case, we have more clues.

As previously stated, the hang seems to be coming when querying the OS for the icon index of a shortcut file (.lnk file).

The further clue is that at least in once case, the shortcut is pointing to a network file, which is why it's timing out, and that in fact if you bring up properties dialog in windows explorer for the shortcut file it also hangs.

So if *ALL* the hangs are caused by same phenomena, then one solution might be to have FARR resolve shortcuts and skip trying to get icons for those that refer to network share files.

Programus:
Hi. Is this problem get solved now? I got the same problem and I am using FARR v2.223.01

I had a network driver and I deleted it and re-map it because the network topology is changed.

I cleared the history, it seemed solved for a while, but some days later, the problem is back and clearing history is not useful any more.

When it hung, the display in the status bar is "Searching directories..".

Nova71:
I had the exact same problem: FARR freezes after first key is pressed, for 10-15 seconds. Then, subsequent searches with the window open are fast.

I found out that removing %SPECIALSYS_APPS% (from Options -> List -> Search folders) fixes the problem (!!!)
On my system, this is completely replicable

For the time being, I'm happy to use FARR without %SPECIALSYS_APPS%, which I don't know what exactly is  :)

mouser:
I had the exact same problem: FARR freezes after first key is pressed, for 10-15 seconds. Then, subsequent searches with the window open are fast.

I found out that removing %SPECIALSYS_APPS% (from Options -> List -> Search folders) fixes the problem (!!!)
On my system, this is completely replicable
--- End quote ---

ugh.. you know i'm 99% sure i fixed this problem and released a beta with the fix -- but maybe didn't update the official version??!!@!

let me update the official version today, and you can try it and see if it's fixed.

for more on what these directories are: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=40658.msg379798#msg379798

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version