ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Find And Run Robot

ALT key problem

<< < (4/4)

IainB:
@mouser: If you haven't thought of it already, might I suggest that, whilst you are looking in the code, it might be worth checking whether the same issue is present in Ctrl+something or other FARR hotkey combos? - i.e., do they work consistently where there is a possibility for a Left and Right version?
(This should not be construed as a political comment.)

mikeyww:
Good ideas.  I would say that the current approach represents a bug, because the user expects both ALT keys to work.  Fixing the bug would require either accommodating the expectation, or changing the instructional text to read something like, "Left ALT+#".

In the meantime, I have confirmed that the following works in AutoHotkey.

--- ---#IfWinActive Find and Run Robot
!1::Send !1
!2::Send !2
!3::Send !3
!4::Send !4
!5::Send !5
!6::Send !6
!7::Send !7
!8::Send !8
!9::Send !9
#IfWinActive ; end FARR block

IainB:
@mikeyww: Yes, an AHK workaround should work just fine. Are you going to implement that, pending @mouser fixing the omitted key(s) issue?
I meant to ask you why you needed to use RightAlt specifically. Is it because you usually have your mouse in your left hand and so prefer to use your right hand for hotkeys?

If you do not require RightAlt key functionality for anything else, then another alternative could be to use Microsoft's Remapkey.exe (discussed elsewhere in the DC forum) to make the RHS Alt key operate as LeftAlt. You would thus "lose" the RightAlt key functionality from the keyboard, and be left with two LeftAlt keys (one at each end of the Space bar).
Might be worth considering, anyway.

mikeyww:
I am using the AHK workaround, so a second workaround is not needed.  I use RightAlt in conjunction with keys on the left side of the keyboard, because that combination improves typing speed.  I still recommend fixing the bug.

Mike

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version