ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Coffee/Caffeine Thread!

<< < (14/15) > >>

cmpm:
Cool! Yes, seems CoffeeAM has a good selection, thanks. S&D's 2lb bags are not particularly great coffees but the prices are low enough so I can keep up my 2 pot a day habit. (It was 3, I've cut down) CBI is 5lb bags, some very good to excellent to choose from. S&D will send you samples if you like, which is great to see in this coffee business thing.

I'll have to check out some CoffeeAM selections, when my "pot" can handle it.

Edvard:
Today I had my first cup of caffeinated coffee in about 6 years.  Not at all the lift I thought I'd get, though I noticed I WAS a bit more focused (emergency attention span boost needed at work while team lead is on vacation), so all in all, a successful experiment. 
If I can't sleep tonight, however, I'm gonna be ticked... >:(

Tinman57:
Today I had my first cup of caffeinated coffee in about 6 years.  Not at all the lift I thought I'd get, though I noticed I WAS a bit more focused (emergency attention span boost needed at work while team lead is on vacation), so all in all, a successful experiment. 
If I can't sleep tonight, however, I'm gonna be ticked... >:(
-Edvard (June 10, 2013, 11:01 PM)
--- End quote ---

I'm the total opposite.  If I don't have my pot of coffee every day, I can't stay awake til bedtime.  Then there's the headaches from lack of caffeine....

Edvard:
Then there's the headaches from lack of caffeine....
-Tinman57 (June 11, 2013, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

Ah, yes... the reason I kicked in the first place.  Caffeine withdrawal headaches are the worst pain I have ever felt in my life.  I'm sure it's NOTHING compared to childbirth, but I did get the feeling something was trying it's level best to burst out of my eyesockets when I had them.  Had another cup today... best get back to the wagon tomorrow.  :o

Tinman57:
Interesting! But one never runs out of filters when they use a permanent one.  ;)

I have been using one for almost 20 years and wouldn't consider ever going back to wasting money on paper filters. Imagine getting 20 years worth of filters for about $5. Not to say that anybody else end up with one that would last as long as mine. (I wash mine very gently by hand) The better ones do have a 5 year warranty, though, so even if it only lasts that long, you'd still save money and not have to worry about running out of filters. -app103 (May 07, 2013, 12:57 AM)
--- End quote ---

I broke out my old stainless steel coffee filter last week and started using it.  After a weeks use, I went back to the paper filters.  The reuseable filters allows the very fine coffee dust to pass through, giving the coffee a different, stouter taste.  But the built-in single cup brewer on my coffee machine taste just fine with the gold reuseable filter that it came with.  Guess because it's such a small amount it don't get all that bypass.  So now I use both filter and reuseable.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version