ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Coffee/Caffeine Thread!

<< < (13/15) > >>

urlwolf:
For people trying to get away from coffee, but wanting to have the alertness that comes with it... try mate. National beberage of Argentina. Has to be consumed in a gourd. Totally worth the hassle, as the concetration peak you get... you could drill a hole on the wall with your stare O_o

Tuxman:
A German "hacker" (and Pirate Party) drink is Club-Mate, some mate tea with carbon dioxide. Pretty nice, tastes like dead grandparents but makes your heart run a marathon. It may lead to lack of sleep though.

And I'm having some coffee now.

urlwolf:
Club mate is for babies.
It has nothing to do with the real thing.
Just try it...
It has plenty of vitamin and minerals too.

Tuxman:
The real thing tastes like Club-Mate which has been left open for three weeks behind the fridge. Why would anyone want that?

Tinman57:
Here is a couple of places I get my coffee in bulk. I buy whole bean and not preground coffees, makes for a better fresher pot.
Coffee Bean International working out of Portland, Oregon and S&D Coffee out of Concord, North Carolina. Easily found on the net for phone numbers.

From CBI, I order their Anniversary Blend, the darkest roast they have.
minimum order-20lbs. Ground or whole bean. Must be a coffee retailer/reseller. Easy to do for me, when I started ordering, I owned a business. Any business name will work.

S&D supplies me with their Traditional Blend, European Select, and 100% Colombian.
Bulk or retail is fine with them, although I am their customer under a business name.
Available by the case with 10 2lb bags, 14oz bags or cases of 1.5oz bags that make 1 pot of coffee. Ground or whole bean.

I think the dark roast blends are even better then Hawaiian Kona or Jamaican Blue Mountain (the highest priced coffees I know of). Unless I can find these two in a dark roast, which is near impossible without special ordering. I'm just not up to $40 or more for a pound for coffee. I spend from $6 to $9 a pound.

I don't know about other countries, just my own, U.S.A.
-cmpm (June 07, 2013, 05:02 PM)
--- End quote ---

I buy my coffee beans by the 5lb bag through CoffeeAM.  I've tried a couple of other coffee places, but I think CoffeeAM has a better taste, plus it's a little cheaper.  Oh, the beans are Mocha-Java, my afternoon coffee.  Sucking on a cup right now.   :P

On another note, I just retired my Hamilton Beach Brewstation for another Hamilton Beach with a single cup brewer built into the side.  Really makes a nice cup of java, plus I get more mileage (and a bolder cup of coffee) with the "Bold" setting.  Sometimes I want a cup of coffee in the early afternoon, and you have to add a little more coffee for such a small amount in a regular pot.  This new one with the single cup brewer takes care of that little problem.   :Thmbsup:
  Only bad thing about new coffee makers is the break-in period.  Even though I ran water through it to flush out any manufacturing contaminants, it still has that new coffee maker taste to it.   ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version