ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

The Coffee/Caffeine Thread!

<< < (7/15) > >>

Tinman57:
Some while back - late 2012, methinks, but not certain - there was a blurb about [medical] research redefining the benefits of coffee/caffeine.  Seems that two (2) cups a day aids some physical/mental functionality.
--- End quote ---

I also listened to an interview on National Public Radio several months ago in which a medical study had come out stating that moderate consumption of caffeinated coffee was actually shown to be positively correlated with decreased occurrence of prostate cancer in men.
-kyrathaba (April 22, 2013, 08:23 PM)
--- End quote ---

It was just a couple of months ago an article in the local paper said they found coffee is good for you.  It also helps prevent heart problems or something like that.  Guess that's why I have such a strong heart.  lol

Stoic Joker:
In the 80's coffee was demonized and vindicated about 5 times as various research groups persisted in concocting data to fit their theories. Personally I don't think it matters what you do as long as it is in moderation.

Now stressing out about what the latest health craze wants everyone to do more/less of ... That'll kill you.

barney:
Now stressing out about what the latest health craze wants everyone to do more/less of ... That'll kill you.
-Stoic Joker (April 22, 2013, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personal current stressing is lager.  I'm told that'll kill me, as well.  But, considering all the warnings I've seen - e.g. olive oil is bad, use corn oil, then canola oil, then, oh yeah, olive oil is good for ya! - over the years, I'm not too worried  ;D.

To my mind, the health craze of the {day|year|decade|century} is just that - a craze.  Most of 'em, like diets, work for a while, then die.  So I'll take my chances with caffeine, alcohol, all the foods that are bad for me, all my other bad habits, crazes notwithstanding.

Thimk I'll go stress with another lager - then a cup of coffee when I awaken.  I love stress  :P.  G'night.

Tinman57:
In the 80's coffee was demonized and vindicated about 5 times as various research groups persisted in concocting data to fit their theories. Personally I don't think it matters what you do as long as it is in moderation.

Now stressing out about what the latest health craze wants everyone to do more/less of ... That'll kill you. -Stoic Joker (April 22, 2013, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Tis why in past post I've said that "I've been reading so much about things that are bad for me that I decided to give up reading."

And you'll note that back in the 80's when they started telling you how bad coffee was for you, that's when the price of coffee skyrocketed.  I just wonder if their "research" was funded by shareholders.  Seems that everything is related to following the money.....

Tinman57:
-Stoic Joker (April 22, 2013, 10:08 PM)
--- End quote ---

Personal current stressing is lager.  I'm told that'll kill me, as well.  But, considering all the warnings I've seen - e.g. olive oil is bad, use corn oil, then canola oil, then, oh yeah, olive oil is good for ya! - over the years, I'm not too worried  ;D.

To my mind, the health craze of the {day|year|decade|century} is just that - a craze.  Most of 'em, like diets, work for a while, then die.  So I'll take my chances with caffeine, alcohol, all the foods that are bad for me, all my other bad habits, crazes notwithstanding.

Thimk I'll go stress with another lager - then a cup of coffee when I awaken.  I love stress  :P.  G'night. -barney (April 22, 2013, 10:42 PM)
--- End quote ---

No no, now they say that beer is good for you in moderation.  I remember when we went through all the corn/olive/vegitable oils craze.  And the latest I heard is that you need to stay away from corn & vegetable oil and go back to the shortenings that they said was bad for you 20 years ago.

All this kind of makes me want to pop open a Samual Adams Alpine Spring ale.  Now that's a golden lager that'll make you happy....  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version