ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Recommend free image hosting site?

<< < (2/4) > >>

KynloStephen66515:
From http://imgur.com/help/images

How long do you keep the images?
As long as images are getting at least 1 view per 6 months, they will stick around forever. If an image does not receive even 1 view in 6 months, it may be removed to make room for new images. Images on pro accounts will never be removed.
--- End quote ---

How many images can I upload?
Infinity images can be uploaded from a single user, but only 225 will be associated with a standard account. After 225, older images will be hidden.(*)
--- End quote ---

(*) Clarification:

If you pay for a pro account, ALL your images will be available to you.  You also get an ad-free service.

For the cost, it's value has proven good enough that even I paid for it :P

rjbull:
What features do you need is the question. -mouser (April 16, 2013, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nothing much.  I'm having a problem with my eBay UK account, which has suddenly started sending "New items that match:" messages in an odd format.  eBay UK seem impossible to contact by normal means, only through their Web site, so you have to use the online messaging system.  Tech support wanted a screenshot, but there doesn't seem to be a way of attaching anything to the messages, which only have a limited text space anyway.  Hence needing an independent image hosting service.

I used TechSmith's freeware Jing, which hosts images online, but whined about updates, and I felt I wanted more freedom in what screenshot/annotation program to use.

TaoPhoenix:
What features do you need is the question. -mouser (April 16, 2013, 07:42 PM)
--- End quote ---
Nothing much.  I'm having a problem with my eBay UK account, which has suddenly started sending "New items that match:" messages in an odd format.  eBay UK seem impossible to contact by normal means, only through their Web site, so you have to use the online messaging system.  Tech support wanted a screenshot, but there doesn't seem to be a way of attaching anything to the messages, which only have a limited text space anyway.  Hence needing an independent image hosting service.

I used TechSmith's freeware Jing, which hosts images online, but whined about updates, and I felt I wanted more freedom in what screenshot/annotation program to use.
-rjbull (April 17, 2013, 08:25 AM)
--- End quote ---

Just again for discussion, how many images do you have? I'm close to hosting them myself.

Edvard:
For simple image hosting to post into blogs, forums, etc. I'm liking Postimage.org
Postimage.org was founded in 2004 to provide forums with an easy way to upload images for free. Postimage is a very simple, fast, reliable free image host. It's perfect for linking to auctions, message boards, blogs, and other websites. Postimage guarantees maximum uptime and performance so your image will be here whenever you need it. There is no registration or login, all you have to do is submit your picture. With continuous upgrades and dedicated staff Postimage is the #1 solution for Free Image Hosting.
--- End quote ---

Simple, clean interface with lots of link options, and all it's meant for is a place to store stuff you want to link to.  The free version has ads, a 5MB per image limit and '6 months no views' deletion policy.  A pro account costs anywhere from $2.95 monthly to 23.40 per year (1.95/month) with monthly, 3 month, 6 month, and yearly contracts, has no ads, 10MB per image limit and no deletion.

Imgur is nice, but it's kinda like Wikipedia or TVTropes; I spent WAAAY too much time there browsing the front page pictures, so now I have it blocked.  :-[

Jibz:
Simple, clean interface with lots of link options, and all it's meant for is a place to store stuff you want to link to.  The free version has ads, a 5MB per image limit and '6 months no views' deletion policy.  A pro account costs anywhere from $2.95 monthly to 23.40 per year (1.95/month) with monthly, 3 month, 6 month, and yearly contracts, has no ads, 10MB per image limit and no deletion.
-Edvard (April 17, 2013, 10:09 PM)
--- End quote ---

Looks nice, though I can't seem to find a description of the different accounts or the restrictions on the free use anywhere on the site?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version