ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sStockQuote

<< < (8/9) > >>

Aquarelle:
Hi,

I've been using sStockquotes for quite awhile now, and I really like it. It's sitting quietly in my tray area, and pops up whenever an alert is triggered.

Yet, can I offer you a suggestion: Would it be possible to change the data provider (Yahoo, as of now) to another one? I have a real-time provider (paid for) that I would love to use with sStockquotes. So would it be a hard programmer's trick to offer different choices for data providers? That way, anyone around the world could enter their own "private" provider to be used to trigger alerts.  And Yahoo could be the default provider with delayed data.

Thanks for considering this  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
So would it be a hard programmer's trick to offer different choices for data providers?-Aquarelle (March 10, 2016, 01:37 PM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for your message and feedback.   :Thmbsup:

If a provider has an accessible API, it's not really a matter of "hard" so much as it is one of time, effort, money, and desire.  Time for the time it takes to incorporate said API(s) into sStockQuote.  Note that each stock quote site's API is going to be different from the others.  That's where the effort part comes in; APIs are notorious for changing on a whim and trying to support multiple APIs/providers in one app gets messy quickly.  And, finally, money.  As you state, your preferred provider is a paid for type.  I just don't care enough (lack of desire) about stocks to invest money into paid sites just to develop against their APIs.   :-[

I chose Yahoo because 1) it's free (and easy enough) to develop against and 2) it's free for everybody to use.

Aquarelle:
Thanks for your reply.... all good points, and I simply have to agree with you  :Thmbsup:

skwire:
Thanks for your reply.... all good points, and I simply have to agree with you  :Thmbsup:-Aquarelle (March 11, 2016, 11:02 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thank you for understanding and I hope you continue to get some use out of sStockQuote.   :D

brahman:
Hi Skwire,

great little app!

I noticed that when I write a note, it is being displayed in the stock above, not in the security I put the actual note in (win10).

Thanks for taking the time to write it!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version