ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Skwire Empire

Release: sStockQuote

<< < (4/9) > >>

nkormanik:
Wow, Skwire.  Better and better.  May turn out to be a tool many can use.

pstein:
I just found the sStockQuote tool and I like it.
However I miss some important features:

1.) I prefer not to have two tabs "Stocks" and "Stocks (extended)" but only one tab where I can select the columns (by checks in a drop down menu" or by checkboxes in a settings dialog.

2.) I miss a couple of columns:
- number of shares
- buy date
- win/loss amount since previous day close
- win/loss since buy date
- buy price
- position amount (=current price * number of shares)

Could you add these features and columns in the next release?

Thank you
Peter

skwire:
I just found the sStockQuote tool and I like it.-pstein (December 04, 2013, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

Thanks for trying it out.

1.) I prefer not to have two tabs "Stocks" and "Stocks (extended)" but only one tab where I can select the columns (by checks in a drop down menu" or by checkboxes in a settings dialog.-pstein (December 04, 2013, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

I agree with you and admit that I took the easy way out.  The problem with GUIs is that, sometimes, coding the user options takes ten times as much work as coding the actual applications general purpose.

- number of shares
- buy date
- buy price
-pstein (December 04, 2013, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

sStockQuote gets its data using the method found here: http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm

As I mentioned previously in the thread, I'm no stock expert by any stretch so, if you can, please correlate the data parts you want with the codes in that table and let me know.

pstein:
- number of shares
- buy date
- buy price
-pstein (December 04, 2013, 01:14 AM)
--- End quote ---

sStockQuote gets its data using the method found here: http://www.gummy-stuff.org/Yahoo-data.htm

As I mentioned previously in the thread, I'm no stock expert by any stretch so, if you can, please correlate the data parts you want with the codes in that table and let me know.
-skwire (December 04, 2013, 11:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Well, currently sStockQuote is just something like a Ticker+Price tool.

Why not extending it to a full (or at least advanced) portfolio management tool?

The values I listed above cannot be retrieved from Yahoo but must be entered by the user.
Example: When the user bought 1000 Amazon shares then he enters this value in a new dialog window.

Together with the last price information sStockQuote gets from Yahoo he can get an overview about the absolut change in money units.

Peter

skwire:
Well, currently sStockQuote is just something like a Ticker+Price tool.-pstein (December 05, 2013, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

That was my original intention in writing this app.

Why not extending it to a full (or at least advanced) portfolio management tool?-pstein (December 05, 2013, 03:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

A few reasons:

* See above.  The original intent of the app was a quick way to check multiple stock prices.
* It seems there are plenty of applications already out there that do portfolio management.  No need to reinvent the wheel.
* I simply don't follow the stock market enough to care about portfolio management.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version