ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

which file format is more accurate to save webpages?

<< < (3/5) > >>

kalos:
tomos,

are you using Win7? if yes, which theme/shell? it looks very nice

rgdot:
Depends on what you expect something like HTTrack do. Not just HTTrack but other software (and even file formats) of its kind.

Quick example of what I use it for:

I make a site for a small restaurant and I take laptop to show the 'beta' or draft to them. This is a small restaurant and at the restaurant they only have access for payment processing but not actual internet(!)
HTTrack saves everything, including embedded PDF, slideshows, etc. but the place where I embedded a google map will show like a placeholder, youtube embeds same I think.

EDIT: I think my point is if you are seeking to download all content, including videos, I don't think one piece of software or file will do. Video downloader that works well (or at all) will be separate from downloading content.

tomos:
tomos,

are you using Win7? if yes, which theme/shell? it looks very nice
-kalos (April 10, 2013, 12:11 PM)
--- End quote ---
yes, windows 7 -
I not sure what caught your eye there because you cant really see the theme above (what made you notice it?)
I'm using a clear-glass Aero theme by Eóin (theme link - deviantart) - but I modified it myself after... I cant remember: I usually make the grey-ness within windows lighter if possible but cant really remember what exactly I did here. (Note, it uses different symbols for minimise/close/etc.)

kalos:
it was the greyness, thanks!

tomos:
Might be just a case of changing "window colour" to grey and making it light (vary intensity).

which file format is more accurate to save webpages?

So,
what *are* those Firefox extensions anyway?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version