ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

DonationCoder.com Software > Post New Requests Here

IDEA: Standalone colour blender.

<< < (3/5) > >>

pilgrim:
I have not had the time to sort all my thoughts out yet but when the possibility of modifying the Color Warlock program was made I realised it could not only create a gradient but replace one or more other programs I use in making them.
For instance, it has a colour picker built in, which would save me opening a separate program.
It has the ability to save a gradient and while I still want a way to save them as text I would not have to do it at the same time that I created them.

What I have managed to do is have a look at Pilgrim Color Blender which stands up well as a program in its own right.
I have found two issues with it, the first is that I cannot resize the window.
When I create a gradient I like to be able to see all of it or as much of it as possible without having to scroll, with CW I can either drag the window to increase its height or right click on the middle button (top right of the window) and with the help of The Wonderful Icon expand the window to the height of the screen. With PCB neither of these work.
The second issue is minor and does not greatly affect the use of the program.
I am able to paste both HEX and RGB values into the Start Color and End Color boxes and even if I mix the values (1 HEX, 1 RGB) it will produce a gradient (brilliant!), what I have discovered is that I cannot simply highlight and paste over anything that is already in the boxes I have to actually press delete, even if the box appears empty I still have to press delete before it will accept a new colour, I'm not sure if this is down to the program or the computer I am using.

That's as far as I have got for now.

hamradio:
I have not had the time to sort all my thoughts out yet but when the possibility of modifying the Color Warlock program was made I realised it could not only create a gradient but replace one or more other programs I use in making them.
For instance, it has a colour picker built in, which would save me opening a separate program.
It has the ability to save a gradient and while I still want a way to save them as text I would not have to do it at the same time that I created them.

What I have managed to do is have a look at Pilgrim Color Blender which stands up well as a program in its own right.
I have found two issues with it, the first is that I cannot resize the window.
When I create a gradient I like to be able to see all of it or as much of it as possible without having to scroll, with CW I can either drag the window to increase its height or right click on the middle button (top right of the window) and with the help of The Wonderful Icon expand the window to the height of the screen. With PCB neither of these work.
The second issue is minor and does not greatly affect the use of the program.
I am able to paste both HEX and RGB values into the Start Color and End Color boxes and even if I mix the values (1 HEX, 1 RGB) it will produce a gradient (brilliant!), what I have discovered is that I cannot simply highlight and paste over anything that is already in the boxes I have to actually press delete, even if the box appears empty I still have to press delete before it will accept a new colour, I'm not sure if this is down to the program or the computer I am using.

That's as far as I have got for now.
-pilgrim (April 10, 2013, 12:07 PM)
--- End quote ---

1. The resize thing is only temporary since I didn't have much time to fix it how I wanted and still not much due to a family health issue.
2. The colors not updating I can't reproduce.  However if a color doesn't match the format it wont update it will just keep the last color that was valid.
3. I may eventually add a few things to Color Warlock that will do what you want, but at the time it will be as PBC as since I don't have much time don't want to hurry around with it's code and create bugs that I cant fix as fast as with smaller code to work with.
4. That said hopefully will be able to fix it up tomorrow or this weekend sometime with re-sizable form to resize the controls good and optimize the interface a little bit.

pilgrim:
There's no urgency whatsoever, for one thing it's not something I use every day, for another I can easily work with what I've got, a lot easier than when I started this thread.

I will put my ideas together into a reasonably coherent form and post the results for you to look at as and when.

Best wishes for a speedy and positive outcome to the health issue.

Pilgrim.

hamradio:
There's no urgency whatsoever, for one thing it's not something I use every day, for another I can easily work with what I've got, a lot easier than when I started this thread.

I will put my ideas together into a reasonably coherent form and post the results for you to look at as and when.

Best wishes for a speedy and positive outcome to the health issue.

Pilgrim.
-pilgrim (April 11, 2013, 03:35 AM)
--- End quote ---

I've been doing a few things to it already that I think has helped and resize vertically is in there. Anyways got your ideas together? :D

pilgrim:
I've put together a composite image based on the parts of the two programs that I use and leaving out others, based on a single window.
I think the image will explain what I have in mind but if there is anything you want clarification on let me know.
I have shown the 'Blend' window because the 'Basic' and 'Screen' sections remain unchanged.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version