ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Want conversion of animated GIF for use in pdf

(1/1)

Arizona Hot:
I've spent a lot of time searching for a way to convert an animated GIF into something that can be used in a Libre Office Writer pdf on the 'net. The .pdf file I have doesn't animate the gif as a picture and Writer doesn't have an option to use it as a "movie". I don't want to buy a program to convert just one gif and the one trial program I tested only converted half the gif. Is there someone here who has a program or can get the GIF converted so the pdf will have an animated illustration. Writer says it can't create the .odt document as a .htm hypertext. I don't want to include all the web page stuff in the document(as a mht file). The .pdf version, the original GIF and a link to the original web page are included here.

Curiosity's Parachute Flaps in the Martian Wind  Discovery News

app103:
It might help if we knew what file format you needed.

Arizona Hot:
I really am not picky about what video format you convert it into. If I need to convert it into something else I have a program that does that. The problem is that it doesn't use animated gifs. I found very few converters that did.

app103:
Convert A Gif Animation To Avi With VirtualDub

http://www.virtualdub.org/

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version