ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

anyone else using Vipre2013 antivirus?

(1/1)

techidave:
i bought in to a 10 pack license of Viper 2013 Antivirus for $50.  no problem with the price.  the real problem comes from all the popups that are being allowed in. I have went onsite at a business to repair 2 computers so far.

my preliminary research showed Vipre to be a pretty darn good piece of software... but now I am not so sure.

Anyone else have any thing to say on this?

Dave

oblivion:
my preliminary research showed Vipre to be a pretty darn good piece of software... but now I am not so sure.

Anyone else have any thing to say on this?
-techidave (April 06, 2013, 08:06 AM)
--- End quote ---
I bought a lifetime license for Vipre at the end of 2011, for my netbook. Again, my research found lots of good things said about it.

My own experience wasn't so good. I gave up with it after about a month of bad experiences and frustrations (like XYPlorer having to be whitelisted before its update could be run and the XYPlorer website being listed as a source of malware (which it isn't.)

I keep thinking about trying it again, to see if it's learned better behaviour in the last year or so -- but it sounds like it hasn't. Probably a bit late to ask for a refund, though...

Currently running eSet's (rather underrated) NOD32 AV on the netbook and we seem happy with each other thus far ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version