ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

Readability - Get rid of the clutter so you can read!

<< < (7/7)

f0dder:
Without Javascript, there is no changing the page/DOM and all that smart logic stuff.-worstje (October 18, 2012, 07:36 PM)
--- End quote ---
Not if you're thinking in the terms of AJAX, no... but addons already have a lot of trust. I mean, c'mon, you can do stuff like AdBlockPlus, Ghostery and NoScript that heavily manipulate the contents of a webpage - why would readability need special privileges beyond that? (OK, transformation happens after page load, but still...)

kilele:
I remember having tried printwhatyoulike and worked pretty well, specially the function 'isolate' used multiple times in a row.

kyrathaba:
I know this post is old, but I'm bumping it to provide something I found informative. I don't know if some of you, like me, have learned not to keep all your eggs in one basket, but the following URL gives instructions, and an online converter, to export your Readability reading lists in JSON format, convert it to HTML and import it into Pocket (formerly Instapaper).

So, what I'm doing is now keeping any "read later" articles synced to both programs on my tablets, in case one service goes belly-up, or I get disgusted with their methods, etc.

http://hsablonniere.github.io/readability2pocket/

f0dder:
Since the thread was revived, I'll piggyback too:

I really like how Readability formats pages... but is there any way to not make it push the content to the Readability site? And not having to enable/whitelist JavaScript on the page I want in a readable format?

Alternatives to readability would be OK as well, since I don't need the "read later" and whatever features.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version