ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Data Disclosure

(1/2) > >>

Tinman57:

[ California got this one right....]

California Considers Pushing Data Disclosure Envelope Again
California, which set the standard for data breach notifications nationwide, is again seeking to set a precedent by becoming the first state in the nation to require companies upon request disclose to California consumers the data they've collected and to whom it was shared during the past year. They would be required to respond within 30 days and provide the report for free.
--- End quote ---

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/california-considers-pushing-data-disclosure-envelope-again-040213

kyrathaba:
That's movement in the right direction...

Renegade:
California?  :huh:

I'm stunned.

TaoPhoenix:
[ California got this one right....]

California Considers Pushing Data Disclosure Envelope Again
California, which set the standard for data breach notifications nationwide, is again seeking to set a precedent by becoming the first state in the nation to require companies upon request disclose to California consumers the data they've collected and to whom it was shared during the past year. They would be required to respond within 30 days and provide the report for free.
--- End quote ---

http://threatpost.com/en_us/blogs/california-considers-pushing-data-disclosure-envelope-again-040213
-Tinman57 (April 03, 2013, 07:25 PM)
--- End quote ---

I know, posting before ReadingTheArticle isn't as kosher here as Slashdot, but is this really true?!! This is not just a random state like Mississippi doing this, it's California. "Data they have collected" *AND* "to whom it was shared"?!!

I'll just dangle that thread opener without the 17 paragraphs of implications. As written as a short summary it's stunning but I simply don't believe it's quite up to what a raw reading says.

kyrathaba:
If California mandated data disclosure, it's a good bet the rest of the country, or at least many other states, will follow suit. What upsets liberals and spurs them to demand action goes triple for conservatives in Red states.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version