ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Other Software > Found Deals and Discounts

Syncovery at 50% off - BDJ

<< < (3/4) > >>

xtabber:
Syncovery Pro is 50% off ($29.95) again at BDJ today - June 11 2015.

superboyac:
Syncovery Pro is 50% off ($29.95) again at BDJ today - June 11 2015.
-xtabber (June 11, 2015, 06:08 AM)
--- End quote ---
nice thanks, great deal.

Steven Avery:
This is tonight on Bits, and likely will be extended.  (Or you can ask a special request.)

I loaded it and was quite impressed.  I've tried Backup4All, Ascomp Backup Maker, Personal Backup (Rathlev) and some others.  This is mildly techie, and strong on things like cloud and remote, and has good support, and does not upgrade for $ frequently.  So even with the others, the free or older versions I have (Backup4All) has limitations. Some money should be spent somewhere.

The biggest limitation is that when you here the word "sync" you wonder if it can do standard file-by-file backup in a friendly manner. My sense so far is yes.

I do wonder if it might have a feature I am always wondering about .. placing the soft-coded drive number in at the time of backup.

I did do a quick backup of my active application folders to my WebDav DriveHQ (they give you a utility that seems to finally be working well, Syncovery has one too) and was very pleased with what it told me and stuff like that.  I like how it shows you what is going to be done in tree fashion, you can tweak and say no to certain nothings (e.g. log files) and shows you the sizes. Kewl stuff.  It seems to want to help you think about what you will have in the right-hand target area.

====

Here it was so sharp that it offered to change the WebDav drive assignment of DriveHQ to its own WebDav way:

The path
H:\Sycovery Stout Dell Apps
should be specified as
\\0.p.drivehq.com©40960\DavWWWRoot\Sycovery Stout Dell Apps
because mapped drive letters are not always available.
Would you like to accept this change?

Neat.

Steven

Curt:
Does anyone know of a tool similar to SFFS/Syncovery for Linux?-Josh (December 28, 2013, 08:17 AM)
--- End quote ---

3 years later it's only fair to tell that Syncovery has a version for Linux as well: https://www.syncovery.com/download/linux/

I really just wanted to say that the Bits du Jour price is quite the same as the normal upgrade price. I upgraded today (via Super Flexible Software Ltd. & Co. homepage) for €24.94 = $30

tomos:
This is tonight on Bits, and likely will be extended.  (Or you can ask a special request.)

... This is mildly techie, and strong on things like cloud and remote, and has good support, and does not upgrade for $ frequently. ...

The biggest limitation is that when you here the word "sync" you wonder if it can do standard file-by-file backup in a friendly manner. My sense so far is yes.

I do wonder if it might have a feature I am always wondering about .. placing the soft-coded drive number in at the time of backup.-Steven Avery (October 07, 2016, 01:42 AM)
--- End quote ---

1) Yes, extended: ~16 hours to go as of this post

2) agree with your summary: great support (email, forum that I used once years ago, so not sure of current status); often updated, paid upgrades *very* seldom. Techie yeah, only problem could be too many options, especially if you're not sure of them.

3) Yes, 'Sync_' name is misleading. This is a very sophisticated backup programme with loads of options, including file monitoring & partial file update.

4) dont know if it can easily change drive letter on backup -- would be nice

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version