ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > General Software Discussion

thunderbird alternative

<< < (5/8) > >>

johnk:
It rocks.
-Tuxman (April 09, 2013, 09:31 AM)
--- End quote ---

I'll try to be a bit more specific! I use The Bat because:

I have tried every IMAP client I can find, and I cannot find another client that will reliably update the folder count for virtual folders.

I do most of my communicating by email (I'm old-fashioned that way) and I live in a virtual folder ("saved search" in Thunderbird-speak) which I call "ToDo". That folder contains all of my unread mail and all of my starred (flagged) mail.

I can create a similar virtual folder in Thunderbird, but the folder count does not update reliably. I often have to refresh the virtual folder manually. Outlook won't even update the folder count reliably on standard IMAP folders.

This alone is enough to tie me to The Bat. UI-wise, I'd far prefer to be using Outlook, or even Windows Mail.

EDIT: I must admit that the last time I tried Outlook was the 2007 version. I got bored paying for upgrades, and I figured if they hadn't solved something as simple as updating IMAP folder counts by then, they were never going to do so. I am happy to be told I am wrong.

kalos:
Foxmail, originates from China, but don't hold that against it. It is definitely a decent piece of software. I myself used version 5 of it for quite some time with 7 mail accounts that each received a relative big amount of messages (50+) daily and that version at least didn't choke on that.

I don't know if that is sufficient for your needs. Ah well, it's free and there is even a portable version you can download. I see also that it even can hook up with an Exchange server as well. Might be interesting to try it again, as I am not satisfied with the search capabilities from Thunderbird lately.
-Shades (April 02, 2013, 08:54 AM)
--- End quote ---

there is also a similar chinese/japanese DreamMail

both, it's been a long time since I tested them

40hz:
I'll try to be a bit more specific! I use The Bat because:...
-johnk (April 09, 2013, 10:39 AM)
--- End quote ---

Appreciated. :)

kalos:
Isnt 50usd too much for a email client? I am refering to the bat.

Jibz:
Isnt 50usd too much for a email client? I am refering to the bat.
-kalos (April 11, 2013, 03:49 AM)
--- End quote ---

The pro version is €32, which is roughly $40, but I still think that's too much, unless you have very specific needs that the free alternatives do not meet.

DonationCoder has had a 50% discount running for years, I think it might still work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version