topbanner_forum

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length
  • Thursday March 28, 2024, 11:12 am
  • Proudly celebrating 15+ years online.
  • Donate now to become a lifetime supporting member of the site and get a non-expiring license key for all of our programs.
  • donate

Author Topic: Avira program updates.  (Read 2352 times)

pilgrim

• Supporting Member
  • Joined in 2008
  • Cogito ergo ?
    • View Profile
    • Pilgrim's Page
    • Donate to Member
Avira program updates.
« on: March 30, 2013, 12:38 PM »
I have been using Avira Free for the last few years and will continue to do so but I stopped updating the program a couple of months ago when they removed the option to choose when and if you updated it, definition updates are not affected.
As far as I am aware this affected the paid version as well.
Since then they have updated the program several times, does anybody know if the option has been returned in the latest version or is it still missing?
I spent 25 years training to be an eccentric then I woke up one morning and realised that I'd cracked it.
I've not had to try since.

I wonder what happens if I click on thi

Tinman57

• Charter Member
  • Joined in 2006
    • View Profile
    • Donate to Member
Re: Avira program updates.
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2013, 06:08 PM »
I have been using Avira Free for the last few years and will continue to do so but I stopped updating the program a couple of months ago when they removed the option to choose when and if you updated it, definition updates are not affected.
As far as I am aware this affected the paid version as well.
Since then they have updated the program several times, does anybody know if the option has been returned in the latest version or is it still missing?
-pilgrim-online (March 30, 2013, 12:38 PM)

Tis one of the things I like about Avast! antivirus, I have it set to automatically update the definitions, but to only notify me of a program update.  I like downloading the program update manually so I can keep a backup and not interfere with my bandwidth when I'm surfing or downloading.