ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Pirate Vinyl Records! :D

(1/5) > >>

Renegade:
This is just really damn cool!

http://www.mikesenese.com/DOIT/2010/07/how-vinyl-records-are-made-and-how-to-pirate-a-vinyl-record/

It walks through how to pirate vinyl, and man... this will have your inner-geek screaming for more! ;D

f0dder:
I wonder how accurate that copy is... and what the risk of damaging the original vinyl is?

Also, the obligatory: "pfft, vinyl." - it's great for artwork, but anybody claiming that the sound quality is objectively better than a proper digital format doesn't really know what they're talking about :-)

Renegade:
I have some collector's vinyl that would fetch a pretty penny. And I'm not sure that I'd want to test the process with it. But, it's still pretty cool! :D

Giampy:
anybody claiming that the sound quality is objectively better than a proper digital format doesn't really know what they're talking about :-)-f0dder (March 30, 2013, 09:47 AM)
--- End quote ---
You have your part of reason but yours is a theoretical speech.
In practice the situation is completely different. The Digital Era has created the plague of the "digital" sound in the worst sense of the word: a cold, cutting, caustic, harsh, metallic sound. I have never heard a such crap coming from a LP. Never.

f0dder:
In practice the situation is completely different. The Digital Era has created the plague of the "digital" sound in the worst sense of the word: a cold, cutting, caustic, harsh, metallic sound. I have never heard a such crap coming from a LP. Never.-Giampy (March 30, 2013, 10:13 AM)
--- End quote ---
Blame the musicians and the mastering engineers - not the playback media.

(In addition to that, there's of course subjective preference and the psychological/self-suggestive effects of putting a vinyl on your record player. Just like there's people who violently claim they can tell the difference between Monster Audio cables and electrical wire, even though they produce identical waveforms on an oscilloscope 8)).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version