ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Has my browser been hi-jacked?

<< < (2/4) > >>

crabby3:
Just installed Google and it works fine.  :)  So... I'll just use it instead and keep Comcast as my *Bad-News Provider*.

Thanks all!   :)

cyberdiva:
Just installed Google and it works fine.  :)  So... I'll just use it instead and keep Comcast as my *Bad-News Provider*.
-crabby3 (March 30, 2013, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps I missed something, but I'm not sure what you mean by "just installed Google and it works fine."  What do you mean by "Google"?  The search engine?  Gmail?  Google Reader (which is about to disappear)?  How is "Google" a substitute for Comcast?  I'm not trying to be snide, I simply don't understand.

crabby3:
-crabby3 (March 30, 2013, 09:10 AM)
--- End quote ---
Perhaps I missed something, but I'm not sure what you mean by "just installed Google and it works fine."  What do you mean by "Google"?  The search engine?  Gmail?  Google Reader (which is about to disappear)?  How is "Google" a substitute for Comcast?  I'm not trying to be snide, I simply don't understand.
-cyberdiva (March 30, 2013, 02:16 PM)
--- End quote ---

The search engine; yes.  Renegade suggested to switch browsers (reply #2 above) so I picked Google.  I planned to use it instead of the search box at the top of the Comcast Xfinity home page; which is what I have been using.   :)

Google isn't a substitute for Comcast.  It's an add-on substitute for Comcast Xfinity's search box.   ;D

cyberdiva:
Crabby3, thanks for explaining what you meant.  The reason I was confused is that Google is not a browser.  By choosing to use the Google search engine in the search box, you're not switching browsers, you're just switching search engines.  Google's search engine can be used with any browser.

Tinman57:
I've run into that with some sites if I'm blocking javascript on them.

I suspect it has something to do with the site trying to dynamically format the page depending on the viewing platform (i.e. phone/mobile/desktop) and blocking scripts screws up its ability to do that.

If you have a script blocker installed (and you should) try whitelisting the site you're having problems with and see if that fixes it.

Luck! :Thmbsup: -40hz (March 30, 2013, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

You took the words right out of my mouth.  I as about to post a similar message until I saw your post.  lol

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version