ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Has my browser been hi-jacked?

(1/4) > >>

crabby3:
Lately when I use the search box at the top of Comcast Xfinity's homepage a white page comes up and ALL of the text is flush left.  And the Search Results are about half way down ... also flush left.

Is this a computer virus issue?

Compatibility view does nothing.
Switching search engines does nothing.
Avast boot-time scan ... nothing found
MBAM scan ... nothing
SuperAntiSpyware ... nothing
Deleting everything you can delete in Browsing History ... nothing

If I launch IE9 without add-ons the browser works fine.

Anyone seen this before?   :tellme:

mouser:
Someone else will probably chime in with a more useful suggestion but it sure does NOT sounds like a virus to me.

Renegade:
Anyone seen this before?   :tellme:
-crabby3 (March 30, 2013, 07:36 AM)
--- End quote ---

I haven't seen exactly THAT before, but I've seen numerous similar messes.

Try another browser. Try Opera, Chrome, Firefox. If they all have the same problem, then it's time to check the HTML, JS and CSS to see if that's the problem. Next after that... Not too sure.

Chances are it's a browser issue. You can check to see if you have any BHOs installed for IE or other addins/plugins/whatevers. One of them could be causing it. Also, AV of firewall software *could* potentially cause an issue, though this is highly unlikely.

40hz:
I've run into that with some sites if I'm blocking javascript on them.

I suspect it has something to do with the site trying to dynamically format the page depending on the viewing platform (i.e. phone/mobile/desktop) and blocking scripts screws up its ability to do that.

If you have a script blocker installed (and you should) try whitelisting the site you're having problems with and see if that fixes it.

Luck! :Thmbsup:

crabby3:
I've run into that with some sites if I'm blocking javascript on them.

If you have a script blocker installed (and you should) try whitelisting the site you're having problems with and see if that fixes it.

Luck! :Thmbsup:
-40hz (March 30, 2013, 08:28 AM)
--- End quote ---

Don't know how to tell if I have a script blocker.  I did uninstall Java about a month ago.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version