ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (176/182) > >>

mouser:
Knives Out:

Good stuff!

holt:
Relaxing Sand Castle And ocean waves, with wave sounds 31m 17s
I have enjoyed -and still do- looping the playback and find it to be a great stress reliever both to watch and to just listen and fall asleep to.

Tracks (2013 film) & book of same title by Robyn Davidson.
In 1977, Robyn Davidson treks solo from Alice Springs across 2,700 kilometres (1,700 miles) of Australian deserts to the Indian Ocean with her dog and four camels. National Geographic photographer Rick Smolan documents her journey. The more she seeks to avoid publicity, the more the curiosity seekers try to hunt her down in awestruck admiration.
Before starting, she looks up a camel rancher and does volunteer work as his 'go-fer' in order to learn the ropes. He cheats her, but a second rancher helps her with four camels, including a mother cow and her half-grown calf. When the poor baby collapses due to tender footsies from the hot Australian desert, the ever-resourceful Robyn compassionately fashions stockings for him and gets him back on his feet. "Protect your camels from rogue males," the rancher had warned her, and given her a carbine. Vivid in my memory is the sight of three rogue male camels approaching in the distance, hell-bent on killing her tame males and baby and raping her cow, as Robyn chambers the first slug into her carbine and prepares to do battle.

holt:
The Meg (2018) wiki
'The film follows a group of scientists who encounter a 75-foot-long (23 m) megalodon shark while on a rescue mission at the floor of the Pacific Ocean.'

Deozaan:
For music recommendations, I think the thread Recommend some music videos to me! would be a more appropriate place. :Thmbsup:

holt:
Excerpt with David Warner and Malcolm McDowell dialogue in Time after Time (1979) 3m 57s
The film presents a story in which British author H. G. Wells uses his time machine to pursue Jack the Ripper -played to perfection by David Warner- into the 20th century.
"SpoilerIn this 'cut' (no pun intended), Jack the Ripper tells off utopian idealistic H. G. Wells, who says to Jack, 'We don't belong here (in the violence-surfeited future)", "On the contrary, Herbert...The world has caught up with me, and surpassed me.''

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version