ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (152/182) > >>

Contro:
The Best Years of our lives is the best picture I have seen lately.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0036868/

Keeps all the adventure and the fresh life.
You can recover your best years by this way.

:-*

I watched Doctor Strange yesterday.  I read that comic book every month back in the day when it cost $.12.  Lots of action.  Not bad at all.

-MilesAhead (July 13, 2017, 03:05 PM)
--- End quote ---
I'll see

Arrival (Drama, Mystery, Sci-Fi). Loved it! :-*

"When twelve mysterious spacecraft appear around the world, linguistics professor Louise Banks is tasked with interpreting the language of the apparent alien visitors."

For whatever reason some people don't seem to understand the movie, but it still made it (currently as #209) into IMDb's Top Rated Movies. Will watch it again some day for sure!

-brotherS (February 12, 2017, 09:12 AM)
--- End quote ---

I watched this last week. It didn't go in the direction I thought it would go from watching the trailer. I was expecting a bit more action or, at the least, something along the lines of The Day the Earth Stood Still (2008). But it was more slow, thoughtful, and philosophical. It reminded me a lot of Contact (1997). When it was over, I wasn't sure what to think about it. Ultimately, I decided that I thought it was a decent movie. I'd recommend it to people who liked Contact.
-Deozaan (March 02, 2017, 11:39 PM)
--- End quote ---
I enjoyed Contact very much. So I will try this one !!!!!
 :-*

Since there are lots of foreign subtitle movies recommended in this thread, it seems only appropriate to cross-post a warning that a recent vulnerability was discovered where hackers can infect machines using malicious subtitle files downloaded from the internet.  More info here: https://www.donationcoder.com/forum/index.php?topic=43881

Be careful about downloading subtitle files and keep your video players up to date!
-mouser (May 27, 2017, 12:09 AM)
--- End quote ---
Ejem !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All i see with english subtitles !!!!!

Mayday mayday !!!!!!! Helpppp !!!!!!!!!!

;D

What We Become - Another zombie apocalypse type film this time from Denmark.

[ Invalid Attachment ]
-4wd (January 13, 2017, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Who cares !!!!!!!. We are all about surely to die !!!!!!
 ;D

nosh:
A few picks from the 25  :o or so movies I've seen since I last posted. I rate all of them on IMDB so I know the count.

The Fault In Our Stars (2014) - centers around a girl with cancer. Not the kind of movie I usually watch but I'd heard too many good things about it so I gave it a shot. It lived up to its hype and had some really beautiful moments. Not your run-of-the-mill tear-jerker, highly recommended!

The Infiltrator (2016) - a brilliant thriller about U.S. customs agents working a sting op on Colombian drug runners. Bryan Cranston is as great as you expect him to be. John Leguizamo has a smaller part but is arguably even better. The movie has a 70s vibe about it and I'm not just talking about Cranston's moustache.

Allied (2016): Decent spy thriller starring A-listers, Brad Pitt and Marion Cotillard. Set in Casablanca and then in WWII London. 

4wd:
Anti Matter (2016)

Anti Matter (AKA Worm) is a sci-fi noir take on the Alice in Wonderland tale. Ana, an Oxford PhD student, finds herself unable to build new memories following an experiment to generate and travel through a wormhole. The story follows her increasingly desperate efforts to understand what happened, and to find out who - or what - is behind the rising horror in her life.
--- End quote ---

wraith808:
^ Is it good?  Its hard to tell, looking at conflicting reports...

4wd:
^ Is it good?  Its hard to tell, looking at conflicting reports...
-wraith808 (September 15, 2017, 08:07 AM)
--- End quote ---

Good question, I watch movies to be entertained, I don't care if the premise/technology/facts/acting is wrong or even bad.  All it's got to do is stop me hitting the stop button until the end. Not interested in analysing it.

In this case I was entertained, I watched the whole thing, and I'll probably forget what it was about come next week.

I watched it because it had the magic words: Science Fiction

;D

EDIT: A movie it reminded me of is Memento, (an excellent movie), where the main character has short term memory problems and has to write notes to him/herself.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version