ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (147/182) > >>

tomos:
^ I really enjoyed Arrival, but yeah, had forgotten about it since :D
(But that's the way with almost all movies I watch...)

I think the main problem is / was expectations -- it wasn't what many expected from that 'type' of film

4wd:
I think the main problem is / was expectations -- it wasn't what many expected from that 'type' of film-tomos (March 07, 2017, 04:48 AM)
--- End quote ---

Same here, Arrival was forgettable - not having read anything about it beforehand I was expecting a remake of The Arrival.

40hz:
The Best Offer

Recently caught this on Netflix.

Enjoyable mystery about an eccentric art expert and auctioneer (played by veteran actor Jeffrey Rush) who is asked by a clinically agoraphobic and enigmatic heiress (Dutch actress Sylvia Hoeks) to arrange for the sale of a large part of her inherited collection of art and antiques. Hard to talk about it without giving the plot away. Suffice to say it was one of the better mystery movies to come out in some time. I figured it out (or more correctly hypothesized three possible endings which included the correct one) before it was over. But that didn't take anything away from the enjoyment, or the rather artistic cinematography in the picture. Recommended.  :Thmbsup: :Thmbsup:

4wd:
Ostrov (2006) - Available on YouTube: The Island

Somewhere in Northern Russia in a small Russian Orthodox monastery lives an unusual man whose bizarre conduct confuses his fellow monks, while others who visit the island believe that the man has the power to heal, exorcise demons and foretell the future.
--- End quote ---

Stalker (1979) - Also on Youtube: Stalker

A guide leads two men through an area known as the Zone to find a room that grants wishes.
--- End quote ---

TV series that I keep meaning to mention: Paradox (Unfortunately cancelled after 5 episodes) Youtube (Rather crappy video over backdrop episodes)
During a period of high activity on the sun a physicist receives images in his lab that show an event that has yet to happen.
--- End quote ---

And another blast from the past: Invasion: Earth Youtube
In the lonely Scottish highlands, a small band of military personnel fight a desperate battle against a formidable alien intruder to prevent an invasion of the Earth.
--- End quote ---

MilesAhead:
I finally saw Shin Godzilla

I really enjoyed it.  It broke the mold for Toho G flicks.  The ending seemed to beg for a sequel.  It will be fun if they follow it up.  Twelve years is too long between "episodes" though.  Toho has to learn it must toe the line by keeping us supplied with Tokyo stomping special effects.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version