ATTENTION: You are viewing a page formatted for mobile devices; to view the full web page, click HERE.

Main Area and Open Discussion > Living Room

Movies you've seen lately

<< < (136/182) > >>

wraith808:
I found it similar to Ex Machina ... I'm sure there'll be at least another 4 or 5 movies on the same premise in the pipeline since they'll all want to jump on the bandwagon.
-4wd (December 12, 2016, 06:43 PM)
--- End quote ---

I can see that comparison.  But Ex Machina was well done.  This... wasn't.  It was as you said... a bandwagon jumper.

Shades:
Dr. Strange

A new theater opened here in Asuncion a few months back, but hadn't time earlier to visit. Saw there this movie in 3D with excellent projector and audio. The 'LSD-inspired' scenes really worked for me in that theater. Plot-wise the movie isn't spectacular and a bit predictable, but it is well executed. I recommend to see this one in a better quality cinema, seeing it at home won't do it justice.

wraith808:
^ I really liked it.  I'm glad that Marvel is finally embracing magic.  I didn't find the plot that predictable- I didn't see the twist coming at all, personally.

MilesAhead:
Dr. Strange
-Shades (December 14, 2016, 06:20 PM)
--- End quote ---

I used to read this comic book using the All-seeing Eye of Agamoto.. or something like that.  :)

This and Shin Godzilla are the two flicks I want to see in the theater.  Other than coming attractions I don't think I have ever seen a Godzilla flick in the theater.  The only Toho scifi flick I saw in the theater was The Mysterians way back when it was first released.  Cool flick.  The special effects were a lot of fun.  Lots of energy weapons and streamlined flying saucers.   :Thmbsup:

Edit: come to think of it, I also saw The H-Man in the same neighborhood theater when it was first released.  I remember feeling bad when all the H-Men were killed at the end.  The age old "fire kills 'em" solution common in many monster flicks of the time.

cthorpe:
Picked up a copy of "Swiss Army Man" from the library.  Having a hard time convincing my wife to give it a go with me.  May end up watching it by myself, which is something I rarely do.

IMDB

Official trailer

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version